Bolt it Down!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Lately I've been hearing about Arnie's solutions to our budget crisis. I can't find the link but I keep hearing about early release for thousands of prisoners, and his call for removing about 500,000 people from the welfare roles.

To me, this means a huge jump in petty crime. I'm going to take extra precautions to keep my stuff as safe as I can. I have a good home security system, but I'm going to make sure I keep no valuables in my truck, or anything I don't want stolen bolted down!

Just a heads up guys!

Eel

Eel, they've already cut our pay 10% and are talking another 5% plus layoffs. The ONLY way you lay folks off in Corrections is to reduce the inmate population.

I'm sure you don't want less cops in your city, what about a city full of convicts?? Thats basically what would happen if you cut staff in a prison.

I'm not a proponent of any of this. My suggestion????

Roll back all of the regulations/fees/taxes that have been imposed the last 15 years and give the businesses that have left Kali a tax incentive to come back. It wouldn't get fixed overnight but long term Kali would be solid. You can't tax businesses that employ hundreds out of the state, replace them with non-tax paying 'citizens' and expect your revenue to be stable.

The politicians would never do this cause that would be admitting their errors. They just keep squeezing the turnip, trying to get the last drop of blood.

Letting 15,000 inmates out?? Now that might get someone's attention. I'm sure one will make headline news their first week out!!

Disgusted and done!!!!!!!!1

only non violent offender(misdemeanors,first time drug offences).
however nothing like always being prepared and having the best in home defense...
4a28deb53e56c039.jpg

4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

Quote: "only non violent offender(misdemeanors,first time drug offences)"

Misdemeanors can not be sentenced to state prison.....county jail only.....so any state inmate released early will be convicted of a felony. Also, in this day and age the makeup of a state inmate has changed......VERY few are convicted of white collar crimes and/or "non-violent crimes".........and based on my experience a convicted drug offender (state prison) is simply a violent offender in training. Odds are those released will be repeat offenders.......some will graduate to the "next" level.....so if this occurs.......yup, you better bolt things down and sleep with one eye open. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Yeah, this makes alot of sense, cut the local police/ sheriff numbers back,..and then let loose a bunch theives....how much room would they have IF they fried all the "death row" gang??...this crap pisses me off.
mike

A++, Bohntr you are dead bang on! No such thing as a victimless crime, they are all dressed in blue and orange and can stick a knife in your neck behind the walls or in our neighborhoods. Keep em behind the walls and give those dealing with them a pay raise not a pay cut! BH1

There are only a few things I want the government to do for me. National defense is number one. Number two is a good police force. These two items should NEVER be cut.

A very heartfelt THANK YOU to all the LEO out there!

Eel

>only non violent offender(misdemeanors,first time drug
>offences).
>however nothing like always being prepared
>and having the best in
>home defense...
>
4a28deb53e56c039.jpg

>
>
>
4a03d572639d0132.jpg

>
>Rackmaster

Nice rig you got there Rack, what are you running any way?

Here is mine befor optics on it, Stag on Stag 16"

4a2a0ff773fe0e8f.jpg

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Did you hear the latest about the Sherrifs cuts here in Sacramento? Better get some big bolts to tie down everything you have.

http://cbs13.com/local/Sac.Sheriffs.Department.2.1033600.html

Sac Sheriff Dept. To Layoff 300 Deputy SheriffsSACRAMENTO (CBS13)

The Sacramento Sheriff's Department will be sending out 370 layoff notices within the next week, according to Sheriff John McGinness. Of those 370 pink slips, 300 will be sent to deputy sheriff officers.

The county is said to be looking at cutting up to an $80 million reduction to the Sheriff's Department.

The Board of Supervisors will be conducting hearings next week to gather information necessary to formally adopt a budget for the Fiscal Year of 2009-2010.

According to an internal email sent from Sheriff John Mcginness:

"While the initial round of notices should by no means be construed as final, you should know that they represent a true and factual number based upon the recommendations of the CEO. While I hold some hope for improvement, we should all be prepared for the worst case scenario."

Sheriff McGinness expressed his concern about his staff by closing the email by saying, " As we work through this challenging period, I urge you to take care of yourselves and your families and watch out for one another. I will update you as reliable information becomes available."

- Rich

All good comments, the dufinator did an interview in the sac bee and was condoning illegal immigration and praising them for the services they provide. He also says they only cost the state 4-5 billion a year. He just cut all state workers for sixteen months to save 1.2 bill. don't make a whole lot of sense. I think somebody was doing to many steroids when he was pumping iron. I agree with everyone except there is nothing better for home defense then some good old "double ot buck".

5 huntin dogs (early warning system) and proficiency in your weapon of choice.

.223 assault rifle, .308 assault rifle, 12 ga. 00 buck or my personal favorite 12 ga W/#4 buck. But make sure you are only getting the bad guy/guys. The 9 is alway handy too.

Guys, this might be unpopular but the citizens of California are used to a certain level of service from Govt. (too much IMO) After runnin viable businesses outta Kali (higher taxes=lower revenue) services WILL be cut. Get used to it!!!

I do feel for those that will lose their jobs.

My prediction??? The nation will recover before Kali. Although Obama may screw that up too. In that case, misery loves company.

I got hit the other night my dog woke me up around 3am and I told her to lay down because i didn't hear anything. At 545 when I was going to work I opened my door and it looked like a yard sale they took some cash my IPOD and a digital camera but they left a ton of stuff I think they got scared when they found my deer tag and hunting license. Maybe they felt they were in the presence of a shooter and left while they could. They did hit some of my neighbors also they're just walking around looking for unlocked cars.

>I got hit the other night
>my dog woke me up
>around 3am and I told
>her to lay down because
>i didn't hear anything. At
>545 when I was going
>to work I opened my
>door and it looked like
>a yard sale they took
>some cash my IPOD and
>a digital camera but they
>left a ton of stuff
>I think they got scared
>when they found my deer
>tag and hunting license. Maybe
>they felt they were in
>the presence of a shooter
>and left while they could.
>They did hit some of
>my neighbors also they're just
>walking around looking for unlocked
>cars.

Did your dog rub your nose in it the morning?....:) seriously though that sucks....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Last deer season a friend of mine got up early one morning to go hunting. He took his rifle and fanny pack out to his truck, then went back in the house to get his thermos of coffee. When he returned, like 5 minutes later, his rifle and pack were gone. His pack had his license and tag. No hunting that day.

Hearing complaints about budget cut backs after years of watching LI, fireman, and teachers on TV commercials telling us we must increase this program and or vote for that upgrade program or bond issue seems strange.

The time for the action was over the last 10-15 years as pensions were getting increased and wages were getting increased and nothing was being done about immigration except blaming the feds.

Action and complaining should have been done before. To the organizations claiming to represent the LI, firman, and teachers.

Arnold, as dump as he is, tried to fix this thing just after being put into office. He got his A__ handed back to him by the unions of the public employees of this state. Those unions and the people in those unions made that happen.

Now we have the result. It is not pretty.

I know that no one person can change a union. But, the complaints now should go towards these unions and the politicians they control.

The main problem with leting convicted felonys out before there sentence is up is the non-violent offenders are mostly in our camp programs. The camp programs would shut down an it would cost calif. millions more to fight the wildfires floods etc which the camp inmates are used for. They shouldnt let any inmates out before they are sentenced. These non violent offenders caused alot of grief to thousands of good people in calif.

A FEW NIGHTS AGO SOME A$$HOLES STOLE A 12" DEWALT SLIDE CHOP SAW WITH AN ATTACHED FOLDING TABLE FROM THE BACK OF MY TRUCK THAT WAS IN MY DRIVEWAY. MY TAILGATE WAS LOCKED SO AT LEAST 2 GUYS HAD TO CLIMB INTO THE BACK OF MY TRUCK TO GET IT OUT OF MY LIFTED F-250. I LIVE IN A UPSCALE GATED COMMUNITY IN NORTH EAST FRESNO WHERE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE OK FOR A NIGHT BUT I GUESS I WSA WRONG. THATS NO LIE BROTHER "BOLT IT DOWN".

Rut...."upscale gated community outside of Fresno"......seriously?

That would have to be WAY outside of Fresno!

LOL, I know, I know, way wrong, but I couldn't help myself.

>Hearing complaints about budget cut backs
>after years of watching LI,
>fireman, and teachers on TV
>commercials telling us we must
>increase this program and or
>vote for that upgrade program
>or bond issue seems strange.
>
>
>The time for the action was
>over the last 10-15 years
>as pensions were getting increased
>and wages were getting increased
>and nothing was being done
>about immigration except blaming the
>feds.
>
>Action and complaining should have been
>done before. To the
>organizations claiming to represent the
>LI, firman, and teachers.
>
>Arnold, as dump as he is,
>tried to fix this thing
>just after being put into
>office. He got his
>A__ handed back to him
>by the unions of the
>public employees of this state.
> Those unions and the
>people in those unions made
>that happen.
>
>Now we have the result.
>It is not pretty.
>
>I know that no one person
>can change a union.
>But, the complaints now should
>go towards these unions and
>the politicians they control.

Wow do you realy hate having quality public safty that much remember you get what you pay for and here's a fact that you can't argue I will probably die earlier that others my age that are in a different line of work so sorry for trying to lock down a little security for my wife and child. Here's a little fact about my city and its happening all over the state we're operating at the same staffing level we were 10 years ago except we now have close to 40,000 more residents and run about 8,000 more 911 calls a year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom