Bolt Problem?

norby

I purchased a Sako model 85 chambered in 300wsm last Aug. I have put a little over a box of ammo through the rifle with no problems. A couple of weeks ago I chambered a round and the bolt would not close without ALOT of pressure pushing down on the bolt. It is leaving a mark on the brass. The rifle is under warranty, but I really don't want to remove the scope and send it in to the factory. Has any one had this problem? Easy Fix?

Thanks,
BT

Has to be your ammo... bullet's not seated deep enough in the case OR the case needs trimmed.

Are you shooting reload's?

Thanks Huntindude and Nochawk,

I have never had a problem like this before. After getting your response, I Tried another brand of ammo that was in the safe (Winchester ballistic sivertip) and it works perfectly.

The other ammo (Federal Vital-Shock) will not work. I put a box of the federal vital shock through it while breaking and sighting in the rifle, worked fine. I guess I got a bad box. I am not shooting reloads.

D13r, my B-I-L has not even seen this rifle. There is no way in hell he will touch it. Missed you at the deer banquet Sat night we won some GOOD STUFF!!

have you looked at the chamber? possible dirty or rusty, just pull the bolt and give a quick look with a light. ce61

Odd for Factory ammo to have this problem as most ammo is loaded for a safe OAL to chamber in all factory chambers.

I would contact Federal and tell them your problem,they wwould probably like you to send them the bad box of ammo so they can determine which lot # is bad so they dont end up w/ a lawsuit.

horsepoop.gif

I had this problem with a Kimber. I took to the local gunsmith and he showed my that I needed to load every cartridge in the magizine and not drop them in the chamber one at a time. Thats what I was doing at the range when I first got the rifle. Something to do with the extracor I guess. Worked great ever since.

boot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom