Book Cliffs archery deer

hntnfool2

Well it looks like I drew the archery deer tag this year. Now the fun begins trying to learn the area. As I have never set foot in the area before I am looking for any help that I can get.

Thanks, Lance

Super Tag. I hope to get one again one day.

Hunted it in 2010. Hunted the 2nd week to avoid any potential crowds. It worked. Had a blast with my 10 y.o. son. Looked at 50 bucks a day. Most were smaller types, passed on a few good ones the first couple days, then the bigger models started drying up. stalked a few every day. Shot a small 3x4 the last day. It is a very special place that I think needs to be protected for our hunting heritage. Most deer we hunted were at the ridge, up high and in the open. Looking back, we saw about 350 bucks in 7 days. We saw about 15 bucks over 150, 7 or 8 of those were over 160, and 3 of those were over 180, one was easy 190, 33+ inches wide. No chance for me on him though.

We hunted up high above the cedars off the main divide road. Once you get there you'll start seeing deer all over the place. be patient( not too patient) and pick one you like.

enjoy.

How many points did you have? I was sure hoping to draw that tag this year. My dad had it this past year and it was a blast. Bucks everywhere! Once you get up on top, you will start seeing deer everywhere. I would check down McCook Ridge.

That's awesome man! I had an archery tag there last year. I went on two scouting trips before hand and found an area that I loved. Through scouting I decided I would only put the sneak on bucks 160+. I hunted hard and ended up taking a 165 inch buck on the 4th day. It was about my 10th stalk of the trip. 3 of those stalks were on bucks in the 180's... We found most of our biggest bucks in the middle of the day through the spotting scope. Just look in any shade and you'll find bedded bucks all day. Send me a PM if you want to know where I was hunting. Good Luck! You'll have a blast!

I Live For This

I finally have this tag for the fall also. Took me eight years of applying for this archery tag.

Now its time to beginning preparing for a fun August-Sept archery hunt. Good luck maybe see you on the hunt.

Its a big unit will head over the end of June for first scouting trip of the summer.

You have a great tag. Like one post look off Mccock ridge. Also spend some time down in what they call Rathole. Seen some good ones. You will see at least 30 to 40 bucks a day. Hold out but, dont' hold out too long. I thought for sure I would have drawn out for the rifle hunt with 11 points with the split north/south, but well another year of hoping.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom