Born and Raised Wyoming Elk Hunts

desperatehills

Very Active Member
Anyone watch the Born and Raised series on you tube? They did a couple archery elk hunts this year and I wondered if anyone recognizes the area they were hunting? I am mostly curious to know if it was general hunts or if they were hunting a limited entry area. Their first hunt was decent and their second hunt was incredible.

For those of you that have not watched the series before I will say it is worth the time. They are just a bunch of average guys with a passion for hunting. No flat hats, no language, just some humble guys from Oregon.

One of the hunts was 10 point draw. They mention it in the video that they had been waiting 10 years for the hunt. I would bet that it was a type 9 archery only tag. Also it was obvious on that hunt they were not in bear areas either. A little research and you should have it figured out...

The hunt where they kill the big herd bull that comes into the wallow with all of the other elk around is one of the coolest hunting scenes I have ever seen. The elk noises made in that entire scene are pretty incredible and they did an amazing job capturing it all!

No idea where they were hunting in Wyoming but guessing they were limited quota tags.

The hunt where they kill the big herd bull that comes into the wallow with all of the other elk around is one of the coolest hunting scenes I have ever seen. The elk noises made in that entire scene are pretty incredible and they did an amazing job capturing it all!

No idea where they were hunting in Wyoming but guessing they were limited quota tags.
I just watched that one last night. It sounded like a train coming through the woods

One of the hunts was 10 point draw. They mention it in the video that they had been waiting 10 years for the hunt. I would bet that it was a type 9 archery only tag. Also it was obvious on that hunt they were not in bear areas either. A little research and you should have it figured out...
I was thinking that might be one of the bighorn units. I figured someone might recognize the bridge or road they called the amusement park

If that video doesn't get you pumped for elk season I don't know what would. Some awesome footage with elk sounds you don't always get to hear.

Was enjoyable- made me miss my first archery elk years in the Big Horns in the early 80's. Some fun hunts!

If your familiar with the areas you know where both were. The one hunt you can pause the video and see what unit they had on the tag. Not sure why everyone thinks it’s all a secret. Still gotta draw the tag. I don’t think one or two video kills are gonna change the draw results for those two units.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom