Bosque del oso (85/851) for elk?

dslaughter

Has anyone ever hunted this area for elk? I'm looking to dump some preference points next year. Any information would be appreciated.
ds

I have two good friends who hunted it last year and they both killed bulls, nothing huge 6x6's though. They hunted the first season and saw very very few elk and hunted their butts off. Spooky area to spend a lot of points on in my opinion.

I do not know this for fact, but I heard it is overrun with oil rigs, driving up and down the roads all day. I was saving my bear points for that unit, and since heard it sucks.

Dave,

Russell and I could have checked it out
for the oil rig status the other day coming
back from you know where. Crap. Sorry about that.

Keep your nose to the trail son. You WILL figure it
out.

Lar

Lots of oil traffic driving in and out and guess what? You get to walk in while they are driving in and out.

Yeah there are a lot of rigs on the property,but the animals are pretty much used to them since they see em every day. a non res is able to get a license for the area how many pref points for a non res im not sure. I have seen giant bulls in there but in the later seasons so if you wanted to spend your points down there i would maybe look into the hill ranch it is a rfw property.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom