Bought my Montana surplus tags, now what???

finnman

Hey yal! I am looking for a bone, just a small one!!! I bought the wife 3 surplus doe tags for the Harlowton area, I drew a buck tag on the alternate draw and she may yet get one from the alternate draw as well. I called and got the Block management pamphlet, are there any areas that we need to avoid around Harlowton? Is one direction any better than the other? This will be our first trip out to this area and we just want a good time and to bring back some meat, we are not after any big bucks, just something to put in the freezer.
Any advice is very much appreciated, preferabley by PM....

Thanks,
Jason & Paula

I bought her one whitetail tag for the Harlowton area and 2 muledeer tags for the Lavina area, unit 530-00. I don't have the permit to hunt muley bucks in unit 530 so if I see a whitetail buck I may take it....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom