Boulder fire

littlebull209338

The ash has settled and the devastation is incredible. We have 9 friends that lost everything...everything ! We live directly about 5-6 miles East of the fire and the smoke was so thick and the smell so strong you could not go outside for a couple of hours. The huge offers to give assistance has been very impressive. Many millions of $ from all over the country. Recovery is going to take years. Really makes a person think about what has real value.

I wonder how many small insurance companies will file for bankruptcy and the home owner gets it up the kazoo. The Paradise fire in Northern CA. caused several insurance companies to file bankruptcy.
Then after the fire, the other insurance companies jacked the rates up big time in so called "fire Zones".
RELH

Oh you can bet the whole front range will get re classed to a much higher rate. They will get their money back one year at time but everyone with a policy will pay for it.
There is a drone video on youtube that really gets close in 4K HD I watched yesterday, the heat intensity, steel beams sagging from being melted in the heat etc was really really high if your familiar with fires. A very sad situation, with the labor and construction situation it will take forever to rebuild these areas. Devastating.

wweaver79 that is the most graphic of all the videos that are being shown. Thank you for sharing. I guess we now have 13 friends that lost everything. The support response has been incredible. Just read where it is at $12M and climbing

Last edited:
The wife and I were driving up US 36 to Estes as the fire was breaking out. Wasn't listening to the radio so had no idea what was happening. They closed the highway and forced everyone off at Interlocken. I made the mistake of turning left and ended up driving into Superior as they were issuing the evacuation order. Saw lots of people stuffing their cars and trucks with anything they could carry. Traffic was terrible but people seemed to be working together to get through. I was impressed by the response from all of the various police departments in the area. They moved quickly and saved a lot of lives. As fast as that fire was moving, I expected to hear tragic news over and over. Last I heard, only 2 people are missing. I hope they are found safe. My heart goes out to all who lost their homes.

Wish a fire would come burn up all the chit “Santa” brought my kids for Christmas…

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom