Bountiful Season

NiceRack

Between my three sons and I we filled four deer tags and two elk tags. A 100% success rate for the first time!
Paul
"Nice Rack" Taxidermy

And which Unit were you hunting in?
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

We hunted both Deer and Elk in unit 28. My youngest son drew 1 of 2 available non-res either sex junior elk tags and took a huge cow (400yd shot) only because the 6x5 bull was shot seconds before by another hunter 200yds below us (we didn't know he was there). My oldest son (he's in the USAF stationed in Mtn. Home) took a spike bull that we waited 4 hours on to stand up. We had to pack 1/2 of him out the first trip 6.5 miles (fortunately mostly down hill). The second trip the quad did the work after we got permission to enter private land to retrieve the other half. All of our deer were take within a couple of miles from my place in Elk Bend, nothing big just forkies/freezer fillers!
Paul
"Nice Rack" Taxidermy
8709dscn0158.jpg

2550dscn0161.jpg

Thanks for the pics and story! Sounds like you guys worked hard for those elk. Damn nice shot placement on the cow at 400 yards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom