Bow/Arrow Advice

Crunchy

Just got my birthday gift, a new bow. I thought I would hit up the pros for some advice.
Its a Martin Magnum 3M
Weight: 45-60#
Draw: 28 inch
65 left off
87.5: shoot

The arrows are probably just practice arrows
ICS Venture 400 Beman.

For a newbie what do you think? I'm just starting to take interest in bow hunting.

Martin makes a great bow 400 bemans will work for hunting too.... just practice practice practice!

I have shot a Martin Phantom for a few years. Have not scene a new bow with a reason for me to change. IDK if you have shot a lot or not, but make sure the draw length fits you. When I switched to a release I had to lower my draw by a bit. Also practice. A lot of people shoot drop aways, I shot a WB and love it. Given the drop away will probably tighten your groups, the WB is a great all around rest.

Michael

Martin makes a good bow. Like the others have said, make sure you shoot as much as you can. It'll make you a better shot and build your confidence so that when the oppertunity comes you'll be at your best.

Go to teh local pro shop and get a lesson from the local pro, if you are new. A lesson or two from the right person will shorten the learning curve, ALOT!

Have fun, and shoot as much as possible. Let us know if you have any questions once you get underway.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-06 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]The pro shop is a great idea, at the minimum just go and talk to the people at the range. The 1st mistake most people make is to start out without any good pointers which will inverably help you develop bad habits that will haunt you for years to come.

If you're not into the social thing, get a book, there are tons of books out there for the beginner.

The equipment, outside of having the proper draw length and weight is not nearly as important as learning and using the proper fundamentals just like any sport.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom