Bowcast at the Bird.....???

Founder

Founder Since 1999
How many of you guys will be doing this event? Who's done it in the past? Sounds kind of cool. I'd probably have to buy a couple dozen arrows just to get through the course.....LOL

Anyway, just saw that it happens July 10th & 11th at Snowbird and thought I'd ask you guys if it's a good event.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I missed it last year. The event was toooooo far into prime scouting season to attend. With the earlier dates, I will definitely be there this year. I heard great things about the first event.

I was really hoping to make it this year, but my schedule simply will not allow it. I have heard that it is a LOT of fun!

I went last year and I have my ticket again for this year. The elite course was awesome. You definitely want to be tuned up for it. A 135 yd shot at a 35 deg slope is a tough shot. It is well worth the time and money.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

I sure would like to go as my bud went last year and was very impressed and those FMP guys sure put on a great clinic!

Is there a link to go to ?

I would rather just stay the night than travel back and forth---prolly be cheaper $$$ to just stay @ Snowbird..

Thanks for any help-------->

Robb

We did this shoot last year and it was a blast...just being up that high for a 3d shoot was great, awsome views and good practice (for the legs and the lungs!). We shot the main course with our 8 year old boys and they did fine...we didn't do the elite course but watched some of the guys shooting it and it looks like it would be fun, maybe this time. Going back this year for sure...the wife drew a Monroe Archery Elk so we have to practice!! You can get all of the info at bowcastatthebird.com They have a great deal on rooms and you can register before or at the event. It is a great shoot if you can make it! You might want to throw in a few extra arrows as well!

50 bucks for both days, you can shoot all the coarses. I believe the money shoot is a little extra. You can shoot the coarses as many times as you want. Also includes your lift ticket up the mtn. How many times do you get to say you rode a ski lift up to shoot 3d's.....its awesome up there

How long does it take to get through the 3 courses? Can you get through the main course two or three times?? Or do all 3 twice? I guess it depends on how crowded it is huh? What has been your experience?

I'll be there for my first time. Can't wait getting set up with a bunch of extra arrows for the crazy fliers

If you haven't already registered (or if you want a smokin' deal on more tickets), you should get on Facebook and take advantage of their two-for-one deal they have going on right now for fathers day. 2 tickets for $49.95.
Get on it!! Should be a great time!

I also went to go buy mine tonight also!! Im frustrated that they closed it. Tonight was the only night i had a chance. I emailed the host explaining the situation. I sure hope they open it again. This premature act may deter me and many others.

I also sent an email. And to my surprise they emailed me back really quickly and resolved the problem! 2 for 1!

It's back open for purchasing, i think til tomorrow?

YES that is true...i just saw on facebook they had an issue with purchasing and the 2 for 1 will be extended to tomorrow.

Does anyone know how the two for one works? The Facebook site says under quantity 1=2 so I put quantity 1. That only allowed me to enter one name. The bowcast site says if you orderd your tickets online, bring your paypal statement with you to register. I can't see anything that says I have two tickets?

I read somewhere that they will have your record on hand and you will recieve your second ticket when you check in. So i would just bring your receipt and it should be good for both

Just bring your receipt from the two for one with you as a back-up as they have it on record. I called and talked to Shaun and asked the same thing. Looking forward to a fun shoot.

Don't know about those that went, but I REALLY enjoyed this event and part of me wishes it would happen more than once a summer. It was a little crowded on Saturday, more so than I think they anticipated, but I'll be there next year for sure.

The Smoker Course was worth the $20, IMHO. I paid the $10 for the mulligan but in the end I didn't use it. I was saving it for the last target which was a 97 yard downhill elk and I got lucky and smoked it (thanks to some quick education from our judge on how to back pin since I only go out to 80 on my pin setup)

My buddy, Adam, and I went up on Saturday. Was lots of fun. I'm glad I made it. We shot all the courses. I made it through all of them, except the last 3 targets I lost 4 arrows.
We did the "Smoker Course", but not as part of the competition. We did it after hours. That is where I lost my arrows. The cougar in the rocks, then for some strange reason the target by the river I missed....hit the log. A the elk, I shot at it a couple times. Hit it once, but my arrow still ended up broken. Must have been something metal in it...???

Sure fun though. Was really crowded though. They need more courses if they're going to have that many people. We had to wait 5-15 minutes at most of the targets. Shooting that Smoker Course after hours, was nice.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I agree there were lots of people but it was a really fun course. Lots of hiking. Since we hit the courses a couple times. I agree with founder on that couger shot it was a tough one and that is where I broke my only arrow of the day. I got lucky and nailed the iron buck and won some arrows.

I think my two favorite targets were on the smoker round. I liked the really steep muley right before the couger and the 100 yard elk was pretty sick even though I would never consider that shot in the wild. I only ended up scoring a 39 on the smoker round and I have to give mad props to the kid that took it with a 72. I think next year I will want to shoot the smoker round first at the beginning of the day while I still have legs and am not seeing black dots! That was a kick in the pants to up my workout routine to get ready for the hunts. I will be back next year.

Yes, all to ourselves. Shot a couple arrows at each target. I would not have scored too well though. That deer off the ledge was pretty realistic for places I have hunted. That was quite the downward angle.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I flew in from Vegas to do this and was very pleased. I am new to archery and felt a little intimidated but everyone there was really cool and fun to be around. I shot the intermediate course twice on Saturday and lost four arrows. On Sunday I hooked up with some guys from Elite Archery and did the Elite Course with them. They were awesome helping me range my shots. I hit the foam every time and had a few smokers. I kept all my arrows that day. It was awesome.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom