bowfishing

A

azhunter79

anybody bowfish in arizona? id like to get into the sport, and i dont know how to go about it, where to go, what i need, etc.
i have an old bear archery "black lightning" that id like to use but i dont know if itll work. any information would be appreciated.
thanks
mike

I HAVE NOT BOWFISHED EITHER, BUT IF I WERE TO I WOULD TRY ALAMO, ALSO I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS LEGAL(I WOULD CHECK), BUT ALAMO AT NIGHT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER
GOOD LUCK
KEITH

Where there's carp, there are bowfishers. Check out some small lakes in your area and watch for those tell tale signs of a bowfishers boat. I'm in CA, can't help ya.

I used to shoot carp all the time when i was younger. I had an old recurve with a reel attached and for a fish arrow we always preferred a regular aluminum arrow with a fish point. We used to drill a hole thru the arrow right in front of the nock and attach to the string with a large salt water type snap and swivel. We used to have an incredible amount of fun. Never tried it with a compound, sights and release that I shoot now. I think if I got into that again I'd have to go buy me a cheap old recurve again and no sights. I'm in colorado though so I can't tell ya where to go sorry. Gary

I was fishing a tournament at Roosevelt over the weekend and probably saw 50-75 large carp. We actually watched them eating off of the saltcedars. There was a pontoon boat up there shooting them and reeling them in, kinda cool. Anyway, check out this website and post on it, I am sure you will get someone to give you a few good tips.... www.azbasszone.com later bro and good luck...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom