Bowhunt Elk with 3 Pts Ideas?

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Looking for an elk archery hunt with 3 pts. Would like to do a drop camp in the bighorns but not sure if I have enough pts. 6-10 day hunt in sept for 300"+ bulls away from the crowds, therefore, the drop camp horseback idea. would like to stay away from the wilderness based on hiring an outfitter for a fully guided hunt. We want something physical which Wyoming can easily offer. Any direction for my dad and I. He owns a house in Pinedale but that doesnt mean we need to be close.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-16 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]I think your a few points out. Unless you would want to try 36-37 type 9 or 41-1..but then your dealing with wilderness.

I'd go 41-1 and buy the archery permit with hopes that you can get away from people. Maybe even see if you can find a resident with a tag that would be willing to take you into the wilderness.

There's no backpacking in 41 w/o a guide. It's 1 mile or less from a road to wilderness across the entire unit. And a lot of residents hunt along the roads too. 38/39 have NR backpacking options. So do the general units (36/37). 3 points is kind of a no mans land in WY so it depends on how long you can wait or just take what's there (which on a good day is an average unit, which is why you can draw with 3 pts.).

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom