Bowhunting Records of Utah

inline

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-06 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]The Bowhunting records of Utah is holding an awards banquet on April 1 at Utah Valley State College. They will have one of the most impressive trophy display's in the state. It includes a dinner in which Tom Hoffman is the guest speaker. Come out and support this organization it has been well over a decade since we had an active record book in the state of Utah. This Banquet is the first step in getting that back in the works.

You can log on to wastchfrontmuleys.com for more info
or contact David Nielsen@756-9265

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-06 AT 08:28?AM (MST)

Tom Hoffman is a class act. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with him at a couple P&Y conventions. Sheep and goat bowhunting finatic. You'll enjoy him. If I was closer, I'd be there. How can I get a copy of your record book, your web page does not come up? Ed F

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

The Bowhunting Records Of Utah does not currently have a web site. For the time being my site, Wasatch Front Muleys .com is hosting some information on the banquet Saturday April, 1. There will be a book published next year around this time and hopefully have a web site up.

44247fa265100ce6.jpg

Thanks,
Dustin

Should anyone that we have missed wish to participate it is not too late. Here was a letter inviting anyone to come in as a sponser. This will also give you some information on the event and purpose of the organization.

NOT TO MENTION THEY WILL BE GIVING AWAY NEW BOWS.
TWO HOYT TRYKONS!!!!!

OFFICAL LETTER
"This letter will provide you with information concerning our organization and the event we would like you to consider for donations and sponsorship.

The Bowhunting Records of Utah is a nonprofit organization incorporated in the State of Utah. We are headquartered in American Fork, Utah. The mission of our organization is as follows:

1. Establish and maintain a record of big game trophies taken in Utah with archery equipment.
2. Periodically publish an official bowhunting records book for Utah.
3. Periodically hold a Bowhunting Awards Banquet to recognize the outstanding trophies taken by bowhunters in Utah.
4. Above all, preserve and promote the ethical and selective bowhunting of Utah?s big game species for current and future generations.

We have scheduled a Utah Bowhunting Awards Banquet for April 1, 2006. It will be held in the Grande Ballroom on the campus of Utah Valley State College in Orem, Utah. We have invited the bowhunters of the top five trophy entries in each of the big game categories to attend and bring their trophies for display. There will be nearly 70 trophies recognized including 8 new archery state records. We are anticipating about 300 people to attend the banquet.

We will also be holding seminars during the afternoon which will include a presentation by our guest speaker, Tom Hoffman, who was the second person to complete an archery super slam and the first person to complete a world slam of sheep with archery equipment.

We are having a silent auction and raffle during the seminars and banquet to raise money for the following causes:

1. To make a donation from the bowhunters of Utah to the Pope & Young Club/St. Charles Museum of Bowhunting. The mission of this museum is ?to increase the awareness and appreciation of North American bowhunting heritage and history?.
2. To provide funds to publish the 3rd edition of Bowhunting Records of Utah.
3. To support the National Bowhunter Education Program here in Utah.

We would appreciate your consideration for sponsorship of our banquet activities. We are in need of items for the silent auction, raffle, and for door prizes. All sponsors will be recognized during the banquet and also listed on the program. In addition, we invite any sponsor to display a banner in the banquet hall during the banquet activities.

We realize there are many worthwhile causes that you can contribute to and that you are approached frequently for your assistance. We believe strongly in what we are trying to accomplish and if you can offer any assistance, we would be extremely grateful. If you are unable to help, we understand and thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

David Nielsen
Chairman
801-756-9265 [home] 801-787-6583 [cell] 801-338-4775 [pager]
[email protected] or [email protected] "

2 Matthew Bows
1 Bowtech
1 Genesis youth

All Sponsors will be thanked and mention at the event...

Thanks to those involved to help this come to past this year:
Humphery's Archery
Jakes
Bountiful Archery
Salt Lake Archry
Utah Archery Center
Sportsmans Warehouse
Cabelas
Hoyt
Matthews
Gold Tip
Eastong Arrows
Wack'em
Brent Todd (Artist)
Eastmans Hunting Magazine
BearsEars
Goochie Guides
Mule Deer Foundation
WasatchFrontMuleys
Monstermuleys.com

More to come...

GREAT BANQUET!!!

THANKS DAVID NIELSON!!!

THANKS TOM HOFFMAN!!!

THANKS 10r!!!

THANKS TO THE SPONSORS!!!

THANKS FOR THE FOOD!!!

THANKS EVERYBODYELSE!!!

MET SOME GREAT PEOPLE!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE HUNTERS & THEIR ENTRIES!!!

THIS TOM HOFFMAN GUY MUST HUNT FOR A LIVING!!!

HE'S GOT SOME GREAT FOOTAGE FROM HUNTS HE'S BEEN ON!!!

SOME OF HIS MEALS WOULD QUALIFY FOR FEAR FACTOR!!!

THE SEAL INTESTINE IN ALASKA LOOKED LIKE GOOD STUFF!!!

I'D OF LIKED TO BEEN THERE WHEN HE (TOM) HAD THAT WHALE HOOKED ON LIGHT TACKLE IN ALASKA & HE WAS GETTING AGGITATED WITH OTHER GUY'S ON THAT LITTLE BOAT,LOOKED LIKE IT MIGHT OF GOT A LITTLE WESTERN THERE FOR A MINUTE!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THIS WAS SOME GREAT ENTERTAINMENT!!!

bobcatbess,
I wish I would have known you were at the banquet.I had my 2nd place cougar on display.I would have liked to have met you.Maybe we did and dont know it.
I want to thank everyone who brought your mounts it is alot of work but well worth it to see all the top trophies on one wall.

MONTE!!!

I SEEN YOUR COUGAR!!!

I SEEN YOU GET YOUR AWARD!!!

JUST DIDN'T PUT 2 & 2 TOGETHER!!!

GREAT JOB & GOOD LUCK ON THE BEAR HUNT!!!

THE ONLY bobcat ONLY KNOWING PEOPLE BY THEIR MM HANDLE I GUESS!!!

Thanks on the good luck part.
I have never harvested a bear but if this snow dont start melting soon I may never have the chance.It is still looking like winter to me.
Take Care.

I enjoyed the banquet as well. . The Dinner was great and there were for sure some awesome trophies displayed!!!! Utah can produce some great P&Y'ers no doubt about it.

jdh

Here we go... Thanks to all the sponsors and people that made this event happen.

If you didn't see this event... You missed out. See ya in a couple of years. What a display of trophies from the state of Utah. Thank you for all those that brought your mounts. We loved seeing them. You made this event happen. Have a great bowhunt this year. Sorry, My camera wasn't the best... and I apologize I don't have the scores and names with each mount... Please forgive me... but we properly recognized each animal officially during the event.

4433526926035e00.jpg

443355652ab39673.jpg

Some of the these animals were recognized as they had special stories or were unique animals taken with a bow.

4433562c2cbe12ef.jpg

What a site... Over 40 to 50 mounts on one wall... All Top Trophies taken in Utah within the last 10 years. Bowhunters everywhere need to thank those that make our state such as great state to bowhunt. Thank those make a difference, those that take the time to promote and build our hunting priviledges.
I sure do respect all the effort of others and their success. Their success is what drives my passion.

443357b92df4cb23.jpg

State Record Archery Bull, Non-Typical Elk, 401 1/8 Net, taken by Dan Green. See this bull in Goochs Guide videos produced by BearsEars productions. Guy Mills followed this bull for several years. Compare his unique antler growth. His nickname given by Guy was " Pitchfork".

Great bull... great story.... great live footage...What a pig.

The buck shown is Casy Glovers #2 Non-typical, 235 7/8, Casey Buck held the state record for awhile until "The General" taken by Robert Clark became the new state record Non-typical velvet at 258 2/8. I did't get a picture of Roberts buck as I was taking pictures before he arrived that night... if anyone else has the photo... please post. Sorry.

44335bc3345fae0f.jpg

Bryan Grant 192 4/8 (#1 Buck taken in last 10 years with a bow.)

Typical Mule Deer
Bryan Grant 192 4/8
Dave Anderson 187 6/8
Jerry Reynolds 184 0/8
Kevin Richins 183 4/8
Robert Nelson 178 7/8

Typical Mule Deer Velvet
Jeremy Houston 195 0/8
Travis Roundy 193 0/8
Terry Sanslow 192 1/8
Gary Anderson 190 2/8
Gary Wilson 187 2/8

44335e0537c80ffd.jpg

Thank you Dave Nielsen for Organizing this event. He did an outstanding job. This was an event that was organized to recognize you... the bowhunter. If you have any good ideas on how this event could be improved or better... we welcome your input. Thanks to all that support and made this banquet dinner a great success.

How can I get one of those good looking T-Shirts that these guys have on. I Live in Souther Utah and have a 8 month pregnant wife that would not let me come to the show. I really wanted to be there. Anyway, I would like to get my hands on one of those t-shirts.

Looks like I missed a great show.

Jeff

Good Call with staying home.

Contact Dave for t-shirts. All those that came got a t-shirt with their purchase of a ticket. Ask Dave about pricing. They seems to have extras for purchase.

David Nielsen
Chairman
801-756-9265 801-787-6583 801-338-4775
[email protected] or [email protected]

It looks like this was an outstanding banquet. I wish I could have participated but I just didn't have the money to go. Are they doing another banquet next year? Those t-shirts are way nice. Thanks Midnight for the wonderful photos.

younghunter22

This was an outstanding Banquet!!! Anybody who attended will agree, this was a great showing for us bowhunters. Here is a few other photos.
443446d61622ab23.jpg

443446ef164694ba.jpg

4434470616623cf2.jpg

4434471d1677070e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom