Bowtech problems!

lchcguide

Just received news from a good friend that his bowtech allegience has let him down for the fourth time 1 1/2 years. He has had problems with the limbs splitting and cracking after about 400-500 shots fired through it. No he is not dry firing the bow and keeps a close eye on his equipment. His partner also owns an archery shop and says that it is common. Have any of you other bowtech shooters had similar problems. My buddy has decided that he is going to the mathews switchback xt.

I have the 07' Allegiance. I've got about 3000 shots threw it. Not a single problem. Easily the best bow I have owned in 25 years.

Never had a problem with my 05 Mighty Mite.
Is he storing the bow correctly?
I know people who store their bows in a shed or garage
and the bow has to deal with temp. changes and I've seen them
have problems with limbs and risers before.

I have the 06 alligence. probably shot 1000+ thru it. Have not had one problem (knock on wood). Love the bow.

DeadI/Jared
DeadIcopy.gif

This seems to be a common theme on archerytalk.com, many bowtech shooters have limb problems. Thats why I shoot Mathews and Hoyt.

Still shooting my Liberty VFT , AND WELL TOO. I think all bow companies have some problems at some times, use them enough and stuff just wears out....

i have shot the Justice with no problems ever.....Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc..... Each company have some lemons in the batch.

I have an 05 Patriot and no problems.

Two guys I shoot 3-D with used to shoot the Bowtech Alliegance. (key word, used to) and they each had two sets of limbs split down the center on the cam side. One guy could not get consistent groups and found the crack upon further inspection. Both guys are speed freaks 320+ FPS with their set ups and both had long draws 29-30". Dont know if that was the cause of the crack. Bowtech was good about the warranty and sent new limbs every time. The guys sold their Bowtech bows and went back to Mathews. This design flaw could be the reason for the new split limb bowtechs.

I also bought a Switchback XT instead of another Bowtech because of their problems. I'm not to impressed with my new XT, for me it shoots average nothing special, but it will shoot better than my ability like many of the other bows out there.

If you guys get a chance shoot the Bowtech Guardian, I thought it was the smoothest shooting bow i've ever shot.

Just my 2 cents. Good Luck this season.

The guy that is having the problems has been a bowtech lover since he shot one for the first time. His limbs split right down the center when ever he nearly reaches full draw. Top and bottom both at the same time. It is kinda weird that it has happened to him with two different bows.

my 06 allegiance is still going strong, around 3000 shots in the past 7 months.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-07 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]Why is it every time someone gets on line to report a bowtech problem it always happend to "a friend"?..Hmmmmm...and why would we care?....if the limbs are split why in the world would he be drawing it back? I really don't get this post. Whats the point?

Bowtech is famous for their limbs. They are about the only top-shelf bow company that doesn't offer laminated limbs. This is why Elite Archery is becoming so popular--same basic design as Bowtech but with Barnsdale limbs. I made the switch and couldn't be happier.

I shoot with guys that have thousands of shots through theirs but they are not speed freaks.In the archery world in the quest for speed you usually wind up sacrificing something in the quest. In this case it was his limbs and in others it has been other parts of the bow. Most of these guys take the string dampners off their bows and shoot the lightest arrows possible. This is usually the end result, maybe not today or tomorrow but at some point in the future. Cut the speeds back a bit with a heavier arrow your bow and accuracy will probably be much better for it. To each their own but there's always a price for everything. Remember this that bow giving up the ghost on a hunt out of state is a hard and expensive lesson to learn. Shoot below 300 ft per sec and you more than likely won't have any issues. Above that and lets just say reliability becomes more of a problem.

I've had on '05 Old Glory, Two '06 Old Glory bows (target and hunting) and now an '07 Commander, and never a single problem. They are awesome bows.

I have an 05 Allegiance. I love the bow. I had the top limb split on me - after about 4000 shots. I only noticed it when there was a degradation in the accuracy. Bowtech sent the limbs (overnight to me - as well as a shirt) and have not had a problem since. Great product. Great customer service. I will keep that bow forever as well as probably buy additional Bowtech bows.

By the way, it is a 28 in draw with 80# limbs (original); Bowtech replaced both limbs with 100# limbs.

JBone

I've also got an 05 allegience that I've shot the heck out of. The only thing I've changed is the strings twice. Only complaint I have has been fixed on the newer models. The center shot is farther to the left than I like, but it drives tacks like it is so I'll deal with it.

I'm surprised nobody asked what grain of arrow is he shooting out of that thing. Less than 5 grains per pound of pull is asking for trouble.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom