Boycot USO & their sponsors

S

shedhunter2

Guys & Gals here is a list of Sponsors on the USO site...I am putting a letter together to email all of them .....don't know if it will help but if enough of us get together and spread the word as this court euling can be a foot in the door to ruin alot of states resident tags ....this should be spread to every hunter in the States
Real Hunting Adventures is proud to stand behind our Sponsors.

RealTree Camo

Swarovski Optik

Knight Rifles

Crooked Horn Outfitters

PRIMOS HUNTING CALLS

Barnes Bullets

Real Hunting Adventures airs 3 times weekly on The Outdoor Channel.

Sundays at 10:30 am EST
Tuesdays at 7:30 am EST
Fridays at 4:00 pm EST

http://www.realtree.com/contact/index.tpl

http://www.swarovskioptik.at/english/kontact_us/index.asp?cat=Contact

http://www.barnesbullets.com/contact.php

http://www.crookedhorn.com/

http://www.knightrifles.com/ContactUs

http://www.primos.com/contact_us.php?who=customerservice

If the email from Primos is legit, I am impressed. They mentioned God a major part in their decision. That's impressive! It just shows what kind of people they are. I sent them an email & thought maybe some of you might like to as well.

Primos and now Bill Jordan/Realtree has dumped USO . Just waiting for Swarovski and the others to step forward. Allen Taylor......

I just finished e-mailimg the above mentioned companies and informing them of my boycott of their products as long as they support USO. If we all put in our word to these guys we can make a difference. I will also e-mail Primos to thank them for withdrawing their support of USO.

Just fired off letters to all of these sponsors. It will be interesting to see if they really pull their support. Even if they do I don't think it will make a difference with Taulman. There's bigger money backing him then just these few sponsors.
Wes

I sent Zumbo a letter. What about Jeff Foxworthy? he drew a tag...................lets send him some Redneck emails........... Allen Taylor......

Thanks for posting the links to these different companies. Ive sent emails to each of them.....so far no responses, but after seeing the posts from Reeltree and Primos, Im hoping we can make some headway with some of these other companies.

TUFF

I buy Crooked Horn stuff .... but in support of you guys... I fired an e-mail stating I will no longer buying their products or endorse their products for others until they withdraw support of USO.

Perhaps you south of the border fellas will repay a favour down the road.

im all for the boycott but asking the people on this site to boycott swarovski is like asking them to not take another breath. Good luck

It is interesting that I got the same email response from Primos and Realtree(confirming their withdraw as USO sponsors) but have yet to receive any response to my email to Crooked Horn Outfitters. All of my emails were sent at the same time.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-04 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]I just don't understand... Why not boycott any sponsor of any outfitter... Sure USO may have brought the lawsuit... BUT all outfitters are making out like bandits...
Is USO a easy target? With up to 10% it was just a matter of time...

jason

Don't forget to boycott Cabelas... they have a tag service and Bass Pro has outfitters in AZ

At this rate you AZ boys will be hunting with bows and arrows made from items locally harvested in AZ...

Being a arizona hunter, i would like to thank all of you hunters for the support that has been graciouly given in support to all of us arizona natives.
with much thanks,
casey

Sent e-mails to all but one company not one responsed back.I sure feel for you AZ boys its a shame. I sure hope USO suffers over it.I thought PETA was bad, but having fellow hunters messing with you hurts worse. My family and I will boycott all sponsers of USO. Hats off to Primos, Realtree, and Jim Zumbo for dropping USO. Monster Muleys has products for sale from one of the sponsers of USO. Where does Monster Muleys stand on this issue?

Great job to boycot these guys, they are money hungry rich dudes who dont care about the average guy who cant afford to hire a guide.I just emailed all there sponsors and will not purchase any products from anybody that will sponsor there efforts.thanks and good hunting. gordhunter

I have said this before on this forum and I will say it again..
If we could do what USO is doing we would have done it along time ago.. It is the American Way... I guess staging a boycot is also the American way.. But people should boycot all outfitters... It just does not make sense to go after one outfitter... Also, with less than 10% someone in AZ should take the fall... That is what I call greedy.. only allowing NR up to 10%
good luck
j-

J,
Most of us would NOT have done what USO did. I believe most of us have a conscience, and have hunting and the hunter in mind rather than strictly the wallet. This is true of all the guides I personally know. I don't know one guide who supports the actions of George Taulman. I sure hope what Taulman did, and is continuing to do, is not the American way. It's certainly not my way. If it is the american way, then all I can say is "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!"

Doug/RedRabbit

ALL outfitters did not sue for more tags in the face of sound wildlife management, so why boycott ALL outfitters? I don't understand your reasoning?

Cabela's and BPS did not sue AZ or any other state to get more tags. No one is mad at USO because they are guides and outfitters, we are mad because they are selfish, money grubbing, wildlife pimps.

Jamaro just doesn't understand what's going on here. Are you from the east coast J? If so, we forgive you. We wouldn't expect you to understand.

I have talked to a few outfitters and they are really going to start turning up the heat by trying to get more clients. They see that this has the potential to make them more money. For me the bottom line, is that outfitting is a business, the more hunters you take the more money you CAN make. This will benefit all outfitters.

Let me see NOT including this year the total number of tags is not going to change.. right?? Just more will go to NR... So the management will remain the same. In fact, more bulls might get some age on them because NR will be looking for the real monsters and will pass on the bulls that the local meat hunters will knock down...

jason

Jamaro,

Where you get the notion that "ALL" outfitters are for this is totally unfounded. If you are not familiar with me, I own an operate one of the largest outfitting businesses in the Southwest. It's called Pusch Ridge Outfitters. We are based out of Tucson, Arizona. I will officially make me views on this matter public.

It is a travesty to all hunting that this has happened. I and my family are residents of Arizona. We pay taxes here and should be entitled to a small perk of having a better chance of hunting here than someone in New York! I have sent my emails to Taulman's sponsors as many of you have, and because of my personal relationship with several of them, I have received private emails back that show me that this campaign is working well.

With respect, I would ask that you drop this "Every Outfitter" claim of yours.

Kirk Kelso
Pusch Ridge Outfitters

Kirk I know who you are... We crossed paths along time ago.
Sorry.. I will take the "every outfitter" back if you take back the notion that it "is a travesty to all hunting". Because right now it only affects AZ hunting not all hunting...

Kirk You and USO may have different goals... You choose to stay small.. USO chooses to get larger... it is the American way.
I tell you want... To show us how much of a travesty this is why don't you NOT increase the total number of NR hunters you take out over the next ten years.. Even if your NR hunters do draw... Tell them "Sorry, because of the travesty that would occur if I took you hunting I will not take you hunting and I will not take your money"

That would prove your point and show that you would take one for the team.

Jamaro,

It is a travesty to "All" hunting as this is not going to end in Arizona. If you think that we will be the only ones affected, you're wrong. If this stands, which it looks as though it will, each and every state in our country could and will be next.

I see your displeasure with Outfitters in general. I'm not quite sure as to your reason for the displeasure, but it is there just the same. I will not turn down business unless it is illegal. I may not agree with why Non-Residents will receive more tags, but I won't turn down the business if it comes my way. That will change nothing! the next guy will jump at the opportunity. All this will accomplish is hurting me and helping them. As a business person, that's not the good decision. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the truth. Irregardless of this truth, the court decision pisses me off.

KK

In the Zumbo thread you said that everybody must make sacrifices... Well this is your chance... Sacrifice.

I have no problems with guides and outfitters.. I was a guide for 8 years... USO did not do anything illegal... The state of AZ did something illegal... Why not boycott them????

Jamaro,

My sacrifice will be the same as yours. I and my family, as residents of Arizona will pay taxes, and support our states wildlife management so that someone from Mars can have the same opportunity as us to hunt here.

OK, now that you've opened the door, why not enlighten all of us as to just what "Illegal act" the State of Arizona did. Once you've made this point, tell us what we need to do to boycott the State of Arizona.

Nope I don't pay taxes in AZ... I agree that residents should have the preference but there needs to be some equality... Alot of Federal money flows into states for wildlife management.. Less than 10% was just asking for trouble.. and the state of AZ got it... In New Mexico 22% of tags go to NR and in CO I have heard something like up to 40% of tags go to NR.

Okay... I am sure you are aware that this all started when NR's said that the up to 10% was unconstitutional... Then it went to court.. right.. Then the judge said that what the state was doing is "Illegal" and now AZ is forced to give more NR tags... So, rather than pointing fingers and saying that it is all because of the NR hunters or because of USO maybe the residnets should look at WHO thought this was okay.... Then hold them responsible... Get somebody else it office..

Like I said maybe the outfitters should get together and put there money where there mouth is and not take any additional clients. Will it hurt your bottom line? Yes, but you said everybody must sacrifice... Lets start with the outfitters, the ones that are the ones to gain most from this new ruling.

Actually I believe it wasn't NR but MOntoya on behalf of USO and the premis was that its violates Commerce trade laws, the sale of things wild taken in the outdoors and the money that comes with everything involved, not because NR had smaller chancesz. That is called greed not conservation or equality. Wanna know what George think about equality when it comes to hunting?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom