Boycott A&E and Duck Dynasty

S

sawtooth

Apparently tolerance is a one-way street. First let me say that I am no fanatic of the show. My family enjoys watching it now and again for entertainment. Anyway, Phil Robertson has been fired (euphemistically stated as "put on leave") from Duck Dynasty for sharing his religious views on homosexuality in a GQ interview. I don't read or subscribe to GQ, but I read the interview to see what all the fuss was about. All I can say is that the hypocrisy on the left is absurd and unacceptable. In brief, Phil stated during the interview that he believed homosexuality is a sin and that he couldn't understand it. He also made very clear that his beliefs and positions on the issue were founded in his Christian faith. Importantly, he added that it wasn't his place to judge and that he loved all people. Thus, although A&E (and the gay movement, Hollywood, and the left) demand tolerance for their views, they give none in return. Instead of disagreeing with his position and leaving it at that, A&E has removed him from the show to punish his religious views. Their actions smack of religious intolerance aimed at Christian views. For me and my family, we'll stop watching that channel and that show until he's reinstated. Just my 2 cents.

The show sponsors have the final say.

I don't watch the show or care what happens to it but when someone is paying you the kind of money that weirdo is getting paid you should be smart enough to watch what you say.

It's just common sense.

Stay thirsty my friends

>
>The show sponsors have the final
>say.
>
>I don't watch the show
>or care what happens to
>it but when someone is
>paying you the kind of
>money that weirdo is getting
>paid you should be smart
>enough to watch what you
>say.
>
>It's just common sense.
>
>
Understand what you are saying but it is obvious they are a family that is based on Christian beliefs... what would they expect is going to happen??? Screw A&E, they want a Christian family making them millions of dollars but they cant say what they believe in a NON threatening way...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 09:39AM (MST)[p]Out of 260,000 people polled on the liberal MSN news page 82% said Phil should not have been suspended from the show and was entitled to have an opinion. Only 16% said his comments were inappropriate. A&E are idiots. GQ new dang well Phil Robertoson is a deeply religious man who had no problem sharing his opinion.One reason the show is so funny is most these guys don't have a filter.If you want overly filtered entertainment just turn on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC ect. I hope A&E gets some serious backlash from this decsion. If I were the Robertson Family, I'd tell A&E no Phil, no show. They may have contracts, but make no mistake, they have leverage.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 09:54AM (MST)[p]I also wonder if A&E realizes that their viewership is made up mostly of Christians who share the same belief as Phil. Their facebook page is exploding with people who are jumping ship on A&E. This will prove to be a very costly decision for A&E.

Well someone had to say it. I agree, bestiality isn't too far from it. I watched the CNN on YouTube(
). The fag said that the country is changing and to get in line. I would just have to say that the country is just tolerating your immoral behavior. How did homosexuality ever come into existence anyway? Hay Beavis, there's an anus; go stick your ##### in it. Freaking Sick-O?s!!!

I hear some people say that the country is going downhill or going down the toilet. Nope, it's getting screwed up the butthole.

If you are offended by what I have said, well, I guess it was pretty crude and I apologize for that. But God decides what a sin is and the fags can't get God fired.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

It gives me the creeps too, but it's been around since the beginning of time. those people are what they are.

I'm not religious, but I find it intersting those who are accept that god made everything but it's up to man to decide where he made mistakes.

Stay thirsty my friends

The Hollywood Elites need to understand that at the very core of Christianity stands the belief that marriage is between a man and a woman and that homosexuality is a sin.That isn't something Phil Robertsen came up with. The real issue is that the gay community would like to rewrite christianity. It aint happening.It doesn't mean Christians are homophobic or want a gay holocaust. It just means we have fundamentally differnt beliefs and values. Why can't the gay community accept that and move on with life.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 12:51PM (MST)[p]>I'm not religious, but I find
>it intersting those who are
>accept that god made everything
>but it's up to man
>to decide where he made
>mistakes.

You have misunderstood, Christians do not believe God made ANY mistake. Homosexuals are not born homosexuals, sexuality is learned behavior. God granted man his own free will.

What if were a muslim and said similar things about christians? I doubt most of you would be as understanding. we are free to say what we please but this is not a christian nation so there could be consequences, his sponsors are also free to drop him.

In order to believe being gay is a choice you'd have to believe it might be a choice for you as well, you just chose not to be gay. I would puke before I could get close to another male in that way, no way no how end of story. you'd have to be on the fence to say it's a choice, I say they were born that way because it was never a choice for me.

I wish more guys were gay, more women and better odds in the hunting draws for me. it's all good.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 03:35PM (MST)[p]I don't watch that stuff, but for those of you that do and don't know much about his background here are some interesting facts from his book that I read recently while I had some free time during my recent 3 month trip:
* Phil was the #1 QB for LSU and quit the sport because he liked hunting better. The backup that then took over the #1 spot was Terry Bradshaw!!!
* An opposing coach approached him after he quit and offered him the #1 QB position (don't remember which team)at his school because he said the current QB wasn't of his caliber. That QB was Joe Theisman!!!
* Phil was a renegade and drinker in his young years and left his wife and three boys for several years before finding the Lord and returning to his family.
* Finished college, got a teaching certificate and taught for quite a while before he decided to start his duck call company, which is now a muti-million dollar a year business along with everything else the family is into.
* Offered the business to the oldest son a couple years ago, who said he'd rather stay on the floor and work. His second son and wife then bought the business, took over and now run it from a huge, new 100,000+ square foot building.

Not bad for a bunch of duck shooting rednecks from LA, LOL!!!

440, you are correct, A&E and it's sponsors are allowed to do what they want, and this is not a freedom of speech issue like so many are saying elsewhere.

However, I am willing to bet this decision will ensure the demise of the show. Who do they think their audience is anyway? Most people wouldn't watch if family values and prayer offended them.

If their goal in this is to end the series then they have made a wise decision. If it's not then I bet they back-peddle and "pray" it's not too late :)

+1 Cabinfever - Well Said!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Dude440...no venom in this question. Is being bi-sexual a choice or is it in your DNA and not a choice? Thanks

A&E might of just screwed the pooch on this one. I would'nt be surprised if the whole Roberstson clan told them to go stick it. A&E needs them more, than the Robertson family needs A&E!!

Lest they forget, Duck Dynasty put A&E on the map.

I also found it interesting that they wanted a reality show, yet when they got reality in it's rawest form from the family patriarch, they pull the plug. Unbelievable!!!!

440, child molseters make the exact same claim as the gays. They feel they were born with a natural attraction to children. So should we leagalize sex with children. How bout beastality? Some people claim to be born with an attraction to animals. Where do we draw the line? Are we to become an "anything goes" society. I guess thats a hard sales pitch to make to one with no morals.

A&E likely has a contractual right to do what it is doing. And we, as consumers and viewers, have the right to hit back. Remember, television stations only make money if people watch. So if they want to punish a man for adhering to his religious beliefs then so be it. But I won't feel sorry for them when they lose millions in revenue because people stop watching the show and it gets cancelled.

The left and rainbow brigade are not willing to live and let live. They demand that you and me fall in line with their way of thinking. Those that oppose them are targeted and vilified. If you don't believe me, take a look at their approach in dealing with the LDS church after Prop. 8 passed in California. They will not stop until they have jammed their beliefs down everyone's throats, silenced the opposition, and forced society to condone the lifestyle.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13
>AT 12:51?PM (MST)

>
>>I'm not religious, but I find
>>it intersting those who are
>>accept that god made everything
>>but it's up to man
>>to decide where he made
>>mistakes.
>
>You have misunderstood, Christians do not
>believe God made ANY mistake.
>Homosexuals are not born homosexuals,
>sexuality is learned behavior. God
>granted man his own free
>will.

Do you have some sort of scientific proof or cold hard facts to back that statement up?

Traditional >>>------->

I will be really disappointed if Phil's family continues to do the show without him. They are a close family and all believe the same way. I hope they tell A&E if Phil is not part of the show there is no show.
Phils says he loves everyone, and doesn't look down upon anyone. He just hates the act. If you have not read the interview it is entertaining and a good read.
My favorite part Phil:?It seems like, to me, a vagina ? as a man ? would be more desirable than a man?s anus,? he told the mag. ?That's just me. I'm just thinking: There?s more there! She's got more to offer? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical?

Where is NVB on this?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

YBO, I don't know that's like asking why do people buy the color car they buy. they like it I guess. my opinion is, to be bisexual you'd have to be gay or you'd still puke when you're being gay. maybe they just haven't admitted they're gay.

I have a very conservative friend with a gay son, anyone could tell something wasn't right with him since he was old enough to talk. kids that age aren't thinking about if being a fruit is the way to go. so do the math.

Stay thirsty my friends

Those people are fine, they can do what they want, i don't care. I do care though, when they tell me or us what we need to think, say, or not say...and go after our livelihood if our opinions are different or offend their twisted lifestyle.

Screw them!(maybe not the best term i was looking for) I'm self employed in a area of Cali, as far as i know, that is 99.9% heterosexual.

Free Phil!! lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 06:43PM (MST)[p]

Even from a non-religious, purely scientific point of view you can support this. Humans are born with only two basic needs to survive, food and shelter. One's sexuality (human sexuality, not talking about reproduction) develops in the same manner as their personality.

Show me the gay gene and I'll support the science, but that will never happen, because sexuality, straight, gay, bi, or otherwise is not a genetic predisposition, or in layman's terms: people are not born that way.

I will also add that if you truly believe that people are born with sexual preference, then sexuality would be instinctual and not behavioral. When intercourse is instinctual, as it is in every living animal except dolphins, intercourse is only used for reproduction. If this were the case in humans, and since you need a male and female to reproduce, I would argue that those who are "born gay" were born with a genetic malfunction, might even be able to get government subsidies for their disability.

Yeah, I'd say science backs up "human sexuality is learned behavior" rather than "we are born that way"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]Prove they're not born that way. unless you experimented how can you say it is a choice? no choice for me I only like girls.

Watch this, explain how these kids just like my friends kid chose to be gay.

Stay thirsty my friends

Yeah, because a tv network's edited video is such a reliable source of scientific fact.

You are allowing emotion to get in the way of reason. I didn't say your friends son chose to be gay. He learned to be gay. Again, human sexuality is a behavior, it is not instinctual. Psychology, and more importantly, genealogy supports this.

440---You're probably wasting your time with these "homo" experts, but if they would just start by reading the attached link they would find there is definitely a genetic predisposition based on the maternal side of their parentage. In layman terms, scientific data has proven they are born with that sexual predisposition and don't just choose to be gay or a Lesbian, contrary to what many state that don't look into the scientific aspect concerning sexual preference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_gene#Chromosome_linkage_studies

>Those people are fine, they can
>do what they want, i
>don't care. I do care
>though, when they tell me
>or us what we need
>to think, say, or not
>say...and go after our livelihood
>if our opinions are different
>or offend their twisted lifestyle.
>
>
>Screw them!(maybe not the best term
>i was looking for) I'm
>self employed in a area
>of Cali, as far as
>i know, that is 99.9%
>heterosexual.
>
>Free Phil!! lol
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

Exactly Sage! I can't stand the act of being gay, but don't mind the person that much. They have never hit on me, been disrespectful to me, or otherwise bothered me, but it friggen disgusts me thinking about what they do. That's fine, I can feel that way and they can dislike me for feeling that way. I have a gay aunt and sister in law. Don't agree with their lifestyle, but is it affecting me? No.
The fact that this country is constantly attacking my 1st and 2nd amendment rights because I have conservative beliefs and values is what blows my mind.
This country is full of liberal POS puzzies constantly pushing their immoral, lazy, deceitful agendas upon my simple, rural Colorado ass.
I love watching Duck Dynasty with my kids. DD kids all say yes sir and ma'am, learn a work ethic, how to hunt and gut a pig, etc. Its one of the few shows on ( maybe the only one) that I don't have to worry about some sex scene or the Fbomb being dropped in front of my daughter. I hope A&E loses millions and the rest of the DD family tells them to pound sand.

Again, show me the gay gene or add "homosexuals suffer from a genetic malfunction, a disability" to your "born that way" argument.

My opinion is more logical. There's more science to suggest my opinion is correct than there is to suggest it's incorrect.

Disagreeing with homosexuality is not the same as hating gays.

First of all, Wikipedia is also not a reliable, definitive source.

Second, if you would actually read your own link, you would see that your claims of genetic proof are false. Key words to pick up on are "hypothesize" and "theory"

So preschool kids have learned to be gay? they don't even know what sex is. who teaches them to be gay? their twin who isn't gay? parents like my over the top conservative christian friends? your arguement is unfounded and illogical.

Even if you can rationalize away the obvious, didn't god make the gay twin just like he made the hetero twin? so you and the bearded wonder have decided god screwed up .

There are a lot of judgemental christians around here it seems to me. you've made up your minds, now you just hope god admits his mistakes by sending them to hell.

Stay thirsty my friends

Looks like Palin showed up!

Seems to be Workin it & in nice Shape too!

Don't even Respond 440!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

You're an idiot. In my first post, i stated what Christians believe. I didn't say anything about what I believe.

In my subsequent posts I stated my beliefs from a scientific point of view. Yes, I believe that children from a very young age, develop their sexuality in the same manner that personality is developed. Learned behavior does not mean someone taught them, necessarily. Do some reading on psychological development, why wouldn't it apply to sexual behavior? Again, like most liberals, you're allowing emotion to stand in the way of reason.

And now that worthless state California has gay history month.
Ya like kids need to learn that crap.

How did her " pray away the gay " stunt work? about as good as her VP run. better chase your bimbo now bobcat she's getting a little long in the tooth these days.

I didn't say I could prove it, but can you prove me wrong? not all behavior can be explained by genes.

Your theory is better to condemn and be proven wrong than be tolerant and be proven wrong. that must be what Jesus would do.

Stay thirsty my friends

>
>
>
>How did her " pray away
>the gay " stunt work?
> about as good as
>her VP run. better
>chase your bimbo now bobcat
>she's getting a little long
>in the tooth these days.
>
>
>
>
>I didn't say I could prove
>it, but can you prove
>me wrong? not all behavior
>can be explained by genes.
>
>
>Your theory is better to condemn
>and be proven wrong than
>be tolerant and be proven
>wrong. that must be
>what Jesus would do.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

Hey 440?

You ever Argued with yourself deciding rather you like Girls or Boys?

+10

Boycott A & E

Fire Obama!! He's an idiot and disgrace!!

And reinstate Phil Robertson, and pick another channel to air show!!

ILikeelk, take off your blinders man! Who in there right mind would "choose" to be gay? You think they like being called names? Bullied? Hiding in shame? Disowned by family? Beat up? Fired? Etc.....?
Sounds like a shiiit ton of fun to me! Again, please show us/me some hard FACTS proving your point?

Traditional >>>------->

I believe that homosexuality is a choice simply because God created each and every one of us both male and female with parts that fit together so to speak. Two males and two females just are not made to fit together....look at it this way...take the male ends of two extension cords and try to plug them together...it does not work!
The anus is made to get rid of waste and should be an exit only by design. There are many men out there that have feminine traits but choose to be with a woman and vise versa. just my 2 cents.

Where is NVB on this?

Eldo, have you ever been to the south?
He never said blacks were better off during slavery, like the liberal journalist is implying. He said he never saw them ##### about it. They were happy and singing.
You liberals just love finding hate and divisiveness where there is none.

>ILikeelk, take off your blinders man!
>Who in there right mind
>would "choose" to be gay?
>You think they like being
>called names? Bullied? Hiding in
>shame? Disowned by family? Beat
>up? Fired? Etc.....?
>Sounds like a shiiit ton of
>fun to me! Again, please
>show us/me some hard FACTS
>proving your point?
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

Go back and read every post I've made. The only time I ever even remotely implied a choice was when I said Christians believe god granted man his own free will. That was in response to 440's attempt at triggering an emotional response by saying, God made a mistake.

Where else did I say anything about choice? Human sexuality is behavioral and not instinctual. It is learned behavior, meaning it is developed, just as personality and any other human behavior. Sometimes it is developed very early, sometimes it isn't developed until adolescent years.

I could provide you plenty of scientific studies and psychological development studies to read, but it's not my job to do your research for you. It normally takes 8 years of schooling to gain this type of understanding, so I won't expect anything but an emotionally charged debate from you, 440, or your ilk...

>I believe that homosexuality is a
>choice simply because God created
>each and every one of
>us both male and female
>with parts that fit together
>so to speak. Two males
>and two females just are
>not made to fit together....look
>at it this way...take the
>male ends of two extension
>cords and try to plug
>them together...it does not work!
>
>The anus is made to get
>rid of waste and should
>be an exit only by
>design. There are many men
>out there that have feminine
>traits but choose to be
>with a woman and vise
>versa. just my 2 cents.
>

How do you explain transgendered men and women? Why did God create them differently?

Traditional >>>------->

Let the show end, if you care that might be your sign.

So a 5 year old kid decides he wants to be a fruit and runs with it because god gave him free will? am I getting that right? do you know how insane that sounds to people who aren't stupid?

There are christ like christians , then there are just christians.

Stay thirsty my friends

I'll watch it again when it shows up on The Blaze Network.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

The nature vs. nurture debate is always an interesting question. Generally there is a balance with both influences. I do not believe in absolutes, if I were to assign a percentage I would say 85% to 90% of human that have same sex attraction where born that way and the remainder entertaining such as a matter of choice. I am a skeptic wherein my reason and logic comes mostly from the scientific approach, which supports my opinion, understanding we have traveled different paths. I don't give much weight to the theological approach in that it tends to change with time and culture. That is just the approach I think works the best and makes the most sense.

I read Phil?s comments about race and sin in full context and feel he was simply voicing his opinion. Most would agree Phil?s opinions are based on his nurturing. We are not born believing in certain theologies or philosophies mostly this is determined by the culture we are born in. Just think if Phil was born into a polygamist culture, I am sure he would have a reality show with all his young wives making duck calls on the crick. Generally people stick with the theology of their parents. His comments about race where based on his viewpoints growing up where he did and at that point in history. I think he said it in a crude manor and would expect as much in the marsh. There is no such thing as bad publicity. This story would not be getting the publicity if it were not presented in the crude manor it was. In fact I find the manor it was present more disrespectful toward woman than the race or gay issue.

A&E is Phil?s employer; most likely he has a personal conduct clause in his contract. A&E felt that line was crossed with some of his personal opinions about life, based on his cultural viewpoints. I am sure A&E had a sit down conversation with him, wherein they asked him to retract or clarify his view point handing him some polished script. Phil made his choice and his employer has made theirs. If you like the show, watch it. If you do not like A&E actions then don't.

What I don't care for is the religious freedom card that is pulled often when someone doesn't agree with your so called God or opinion about what the bible ?God?s word? says. A&E was more than happy to show the Robertson family sitting around the table giving thanks. But on the other hand they have a brand to maintain. I guess it all depends on how you define tolerance?

I have a problem with hysterical minorities that attack people like a pack of dogs if they say anything publicly that does not fit their agenda. I could care less about what Phil said or his reasons but just like the lynching of Paula Deen these groups are truly the haters of our society.

First, lets be honest, most likely there are folks on this forum, or folks who hunt with homosexual people. Last I checked not every gay person has to be the stereotype. I personally don't give a flying crap. I AM uncomfortable with the guy kissing thing, but what you do out of public is on you. There are a lot of heteros that do some freaky things in the bedroom that creep me out too.

Second. My dad was an alcoholic. He ended up being a proud 12 steper, but even after he was "dry" he would tell you he was an alcoholic. He was one of those guys that would have to finish the bottle, empty the case, etc. I drink, I don't have to finish the bottle, I am fine having a few beers. He used to shake his head in disbelief when I would have a few whaps, then stop. My point, I grew up in the home of an alcoholic. I was around some of his friends that became 12 stepers. I hunted and followed him around from 3 yrs old on. I didn't become an alcoholic even though I lived with, and hero worshipped one. My brother didn't hero worship my dad, he didn't follow him around, he didn't like a lot of his friends, he "rebelled" and went on a mormon mission. Had he of started drinking, he would have been an alcoholic, he has the personality(traits, flaws?). I am a firm believer of genetic predisposition. Some guys like blondes, some like short girls, some like to hunt big game, some fish, some like electronics. While I do believe there may be some that are "nurtured" into being gay, I believe the majority have a predisposition genetically. If that lifestyle is offensive to you, tell your kids it is, and why. Then leave it alone, like Phil, I believe God will sort it out, its not up to us. We waste so much time and money on this its disgusting. The average person has sex about 4 times a month(which would be 8 mins a month for me), the rest of the month I spend on other crap, that is what should define us, not the oriface we prefer.

God bless Phil Robertson for sticking with his beliefs and not selling them out for fame. It is sad we live in a world where Phil Robertson, Martin Bashir, or whoever is silenced for political correctness. If you don't like what Phil says, change the channel. I don't like Piers Morgan, I don't watch, I don't try to shut him up.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

We all probably have differing views on homosexuality, its causes, its consequences, etc. The debate is not really about that. The issue is whether someone should be vilified, terminated, threatened, etc. because they communicate what they believe. The answer is no. The religious freedom card, also referred to as the first amendment to the U.S. constitution is a big deal to me. Why? Because we are not free people if we cannot choose what we believe and voice our opinions about it. Both federal and state law prohibits discrimination in employment based on religion. In this case, Phil is not likely an employee of A&E. Thus, he is not protected the same way an employee would be. He likely has a contract with them. And while it is true that his contract may proscribe his conduct, I still have a big problem with the action that was taken against him based on his comments. Although he did not articulate his views and artfully as I would have hoped, his message was still that Christianity does not condone homosexual acts. He was terminated for the substance of his message and because it runs counter to what many on the left and the rainbow brigade believe. That kind of intolerance against Christianity is dangerous and unacceptable. If you don't think its a problem, do some research and you will find that there are European countries where it is a crime to teach that homosexuality is wrong. I worry that we are headed in that direction. My 2 cents.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom