Brands of Primers?

maxxbob1

Is there any consensus on what the best brands are for primers? -- is there really any difference for hunting loads? They all seem to be about the same price if you have to order them on-line. I have always used whatever brand of primer that the local gunshops had in stock. Lately that's been Winchester for Large Rifle and Remington for Large Rifle Magnum. The only Small Rifle primers that are I have found locally are MagTech, but at over twice the regular price. So I am going to order some Small Rifle primers and get on the backorder list. I'll probably order more Large Rifle and Large Rifle Magnums, to get a little more for my shipping & handling charges. Does anyone have suggestions on where to order, and which brands?
Thanks,
Bob

Now is not a time to be picky....if they have primers, BUY them now.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

+1 with D13er. I don't think you will ever see enough differance for it to matter when working up hunting loads anyway.

I use only Federal 215 and 215M for magnums, for everything else I prefer Federal or Winchester. I think they're all ok but those have never let me down.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom