Brass Cleaning?

bigonedown

Hello, I have a question about cleaning my brass before reloading. I moved from California to Alaska so I have not been on the forums in quite a while settling in here. I used to reload with a friend and now that I am here I need to buy new reloading equipment.

In the past I used a vibrating with media cleaner. I see ultra sonic cleaners and wonder which type of cleaners you guys believe to be the best and why?

Thanks for any help

Brandon

I know a guy that has the ultrasonic and he does'nt like it...maybe because its a cheaper model? I have a tumbler and it does a good enough job for me......go to midwayusa and read the reviews on em.

PS.....What part of Ak did you move to?

Thanks fo rthe info I will check on Midway USA. I also used the vibrating just wondered if the other types were better.

I live in Wasilla.

Thank you,

Brandon

Wasilla huh??....get me an over the fence nude of Sarah and I'll polish your brass for you....

Now that was one of the funniest post I have received on here. If I ever get the opportunity I will send you the pic and enlarge one auction it off here in the classifieds.

LMAO

I use the Thumbler high speed model B

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

I like this better than the corn cob or walnut media because this cleans the entire piece of brass. When done the brass looks almost brand new. The inside of the case is cleaned and so it the flash hole if you remove the primers prior to polishing. THe media never goes bad.

Like ishootaRUM300 says, stainless steel media and a rotary tumbler works better than anything.

I have used vibrating tumbler with corncob or walnut shells, ultrasonic, Iosso case cleaner, rag with flitz, etc. The SS media is better than all. It does not wear out although it takes a tad longer, it will clean the primer cups where the others do not.

A buddy made the mac-daddy case cleaner uwing a Harbor Freight cement mixer and SS media. It can do a thousand .223 cases with no problem.

Thanks for the info I will probaly go with the stainless steel media with rotary tumbler. I was a little nervous about using it but feel better that other have used it and like it.

Thank you,

Brandon

I would highly recommend going to the link I posted so you get the right size stainless steel media. If you get the wrong stuff IE to big or try using round or some other shape I have been told you can wreck the brass. I cannot confirm that it will wreck it since I have not used anything other than this media.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom