Broken Elk Tine

northface

This last April I made it up to a spot where I've seen quite a few bulls winter in the past and have found a few sheds. There's never any big bulls, usually a group of small six points and raghorns. In fact, I've seen a few smaller bulls push their cows into the basin during the rut. Anyway, I was making my way up this ridgeline, checking these mahogany patches when I peaked around a tree and saw this guy sitting there. When I'm not able to find a full antler lying on the ground, broken tines are just as rewarding.
9536broken_beam.jpg

Very cool. You don't that too often. My dad found part of a deer shed like that this year. It had broken it's beam off just a few inches up from the burr, so he ended up with most of the horn.

>Very cool. You don't that too
>often.

It's actually very common for us. In September my dad went out and found 3 fight area's and each one had broken points in the area. It was pretty cool he found a broken horn that a bull busted just above his first on his left side, then we got pictures of the bull comeing into water a few miles away from where he busted.

"Elk dont know how many feet a horse had" - Bear Claw

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom