Broken Record!!!!!

N

nocalhonker

Just got back from a great hunt in X5B, I didn't get the buck of my dreams but did take a nice little 4X3 the last morning I was going to hunt. Past on some bigger bucks holding out for a toad!!! Walked my a$$ off!!!! Did so with no regrets. Mountain lions are way out of hand in CA. and this zone has alot. We saw 3 and found numerous old buck bones and horns. We didn't see alot of deer a few each day hardly any yearling. Between lions, yotes and hard winters those deer are behind the eight ball!!!!! Nocalhonker

I am heading back up to x5b today to give it a few more days. I was seeing around 8-10 bucks per day last week. Hopefully I will see Mr. Big. Congrats on your buck.

Wow U saw 3 loins in one trip. That is amazing. I have never seen one up there but i know they are there. I was up there on opener of 5b with my Brother in law and we saw quite a few deer for that country. I saw more bucks and more deer than the couple times i hunted it. We saw 13 bucks on opening day wich might be the best day i have ever had up there far as numbers but i think the weather played a huge role that day. My brother in law killed a huge 3 point and passed many 4 points before he shot the one he did. I saw one huge buck with a 4 inch kicker but he was a long way off and some other hunter was really close so we left him alone. Saw one 29 inch 3x4 killed and a really neat 5x2 aboubt 26 wide all on opener. Glad to here you got one.

I talked with the biologist and a BLM guy when I was in x5b hunting. Both of them told me that there are a ton of cats up in that area and have moved most of the deer off of the tops. My buddy went out to 5 springs and saw nothing, we were told that the cats had been working that area hard. It sounds like we need a little cat control to help our deer herds.

I also hunted X5B and like you I did not get the buck of my dreams but I did take a 3x3 23" wide about that tall and over 6" bases. I took him on sat. of the last weekend. I did't see alot of deer and only 7 legal bucks. I didn't see any cats but did cut two sets of tracks on cattle trails. This was my first time to hunt X5B so hopefully I will draw again someday and learn more about the country. Congats on your buck nocalhonker.

Jerad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom