Brokered convention

cabinfever

Very Active Member
Looks like if Newt stays in the race we are headed for a brokered convention and a second term for Obama. Newts really hurting Santorum more than he is Romney in the delegate count. Newt has zero chance of winning the nomination, yet he will stay in the race to settle a score with Romney.It appears personal revenge is more important than winning the white house. At least Romney got out and got behind Mcain when the math didn't add up.Santorum has slim to no chance as well but he will play for pride.Romney won the delegate count last night but you'd think by listening to the liberal media that he blew the barn doors down, when in truth he only won MI, and AL by a few points.Gotta love the liberal spin.

You are really funny. This is the 138 time I've posted this the Republican primary does not matter, Obama will have 4 more years like it or not. That's still the way it is 12 months after I first posted that exact statement.

You're whining about people laughing at the republicans shooting their own feet off?

Santorum is the republicans turd in the punch bowl , and they seem to enjoy the taste enough to leave him in there.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude, The only reason Santorum did any good in these two last states is the fact they are right wing bible belt states. They do not feel comfortable with Romney for the simple reason he is a Mormon and not what they feel a WASP should be.

I still feel that Romney will win the GOP ticket and as we get further West Romney will start pulling even further away from Santorum.

Gingrich is going to stay in just because he is a vindictive Adam Henry and does not want to admit that Romney is beating him. In plain English he cares more for his self image then he does his party. We do not need him, but he will drain off votes that would normally go to Santorum. About the only thing he is good for.

Bottom line, when it is done, the GOP will come together because their main goal is to defeat Obama no matter what or who it is that gets their votes to do it.

Unlike Satorum or Gingrich, Romney has a far better chance of getting the moderate and independant voters voting for him due to the poor record of Obama's and his failure to forcus on the main issues and get something done. I still feel that some democrats in congress will also be losing their seats this coming election.

Besides, I do not want to send FTW a free custom knife over our bet who will win election to the white house.

RELH

The why isn't the issue, it's the fact it's happening that counts.

If all these clowns go all the way to the convention with no clear leader in the race it isn't impossible Santorum could get the delegates given to him to get the nomination.

Nothing changes the fact Romney is the only one with a chance against Obama. voting for anyone else in the primary is like voting for Obama and retards still don't get it.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude, I have to agree with you on that last paragraph. Santorum, Paul, or Gingrich could never sell themselfs and their ideas to the voting moderates and independants that will decide this election.

What a lot of voters is overlooking, even as strong as Santorum or Gingrich is in the bible belt, Romney still came out with 1/3 of the delegates from those two states. In other words Santorum nor Gingrich was NOT able to conduct a runaway as they should have in two bible belt states.

RELH

Cornhusker, and Obama will get re-elected because.......? No american president in history has gotton reelected with unemployment this high. So please elaborate on how the annointed one is going to pull it off.

Don't get me wrong, it could happen, but I don't think it's as slam dunk as the the liberal media portrays it.Me thinks you watch to much CNN

There is a reason this republican primary has not been a run away race. This country is as divided as it's ever been on the political front. And it's not just the republicans that are divided.

Whats hurting romney now (very conservative votes) will help him in the general election.Tired of the liberal media saying he needs to do a better job of connecting with very conservatives. Romney aint going to try and get elected on something he's not. He is, who he is and that just pisses the liberal media off. Besides, all the very conservatives that don't like Romney now, hate Obama even more, so Romney knows he already has those votes if he puts the nomination away. Unemployment and the economy is worse off than the liberal media depicts. The liberals keep saying that Obama has this one in the bag, but me thinks they are nervous. Sorry Cornhusker, i don't see Obama getting reelected if gas prices are at or near $5 a gallon in the fall. We all know unemployment is much higer than whats reported because they aren't reporting the chronically unemployed who are no longer get unemployment.

1911, if Obama is turned out this election, I would not take any bets on him giving that crooked govenor a pardon. I would say the odds are well in favor that he will give the pardon.

RELH

Maybe no president has ever been elected with unemployment this high, but no president ever ran for reelection with competition this weak.

Romney is the only electable competition and the republicans hate him worse than the libs.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dude that is BS and you know it because you are smart enough to count. If Romney was hated by the republicans he would not be leading the field by the margin of delegates that strongly surpasses the other three candidates. You will see that margin gain more rapidly as he gets into states that are out of the so called bible belt south.

RELH

I'm preparing myself for a second term, I can't even watch the News media as of late. Santorium is a dud and Romney is buying the GOP nomination?there's been enough dirty laundry out for public speculation for Obammanation to use as ammo?

Manny, where in the heck is your backbone? You give up too easy. Romney has already had his dirty laundry aired and it is not near the scale that Obama will face in the future debates.

Obama has a very dismal record to bring forward and will get his butt handed to him over his failures. Also if there is a good moderator that will ask the hard questions, you will see Obama hem and haw as he does when there is no telepromter and he is hard pressed to find the right answer to the question.

One of the reasons you are seeing recent dirty attacks by the Dems, is because they know they can not produce anything that shows a good record of solving the problems of this country. Only thing they have left is to try and discredit the other side and the majority of the people will be reluctant to buy it this time around.

Obama will be hard pressed to even promise anything this time around. He burnt that bridge the last election and it will not fly this time due to him failing to keep his promises from the last election.

RELH

Cabinfever Its been a long day and night so I finally got back to a computer. I will elaborate. In the end to use what Dude uses a lot, you don't have to be good just better than who you are running against. I'm not saying Romney is bad an I will vote for him if he wins the nomination he has very little appeal to most moderates and independent voters of which I fall into.

Romney is missing the important key in a modern media driven election charisma. He also will not do well with moderates and independents because his wealth even though it shouldn't handicaps him. He also tends to make critical speaking errors which Obama will use. We will see the I like to fire people speech of Romney until we all see it in our sleep. I think the speaking heads of the Republican party will come together but I don't believe the voters will come together to rally around Romney.

In contrast in spite of your biased media which if you say it enough must be true. Obama isn't a great leader but he has kept his base enough that he will be reelected.

The republicans hate Ronmey, why do you think 15 dorks have led him in the polls at least once? the smarter republicans have come to grips with the fact it's Romney or Obama and they're ready to accept it. so short of a disaster he will get the nomination.

How do you figure Obama has anything hanging out to be attacked on? hell he's the biggest target in the nation there isn't anything left to shoot at that hasn't been front page news. that's the one thing incumbents can count on.

Obama will murder Romney in the debates, even if Romney has a good argument he's going to look like a clown stammering to make his point and Obama will be slick as snake grease. all Obama has to do is point out how similar he and Romney are and republicans will skip voting.

Romney has a long hard uphill battle and his only hope is for Obama to be taken out by bad headlines.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-12 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]>Manny, where in the heck is
>your backbone? You give up
>too easy. Romney has already
>had his dirty laundry aired
>and it is not near
>the scale that Obama will
>face in the future debates.
>
>
> Obama has a
>very dismal record to bring
>forward and will get his
>butt handed to him over
>his failures. Also if there
>is a good moderator that
>will ask the hard questions,
>you will see Obama hem
>and haw as he does
>when there is no telepromter
>and he is hard pressed
>to find the right answer
>to the question.
>
> One of the
>reasons you are seeing recent
>dirty attacks by the Dems,
>is because they know they
>can not produce anything that
>shows a good record of
>solving the problems of this
>country. Only thing they have
>left is to try and
>discredit the other side and
>the majority of the people
>will be reluctant to buy
>it this time around.
>
> Obama will be
>hard pressed to even promise
>anything this time around. He
>burnt that bridge the last
>election and it will not
>fly this time due to
>him failing to keep his
>promises from the last election.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

well it's like this, for the last 4 years I've seen such crap as a President who has radical ties with American terrorists, phony Birth Records, lies about how well the economy is doing, the racist black professor he embraced, communist friends, need i go on...

he's come away unscaved every time, the American sheeple just don't give a rip and have one eye closed...

I've had my hopes up, but after seeing all the discrediting things this man has gotten away with and people like Zig zag and 440 still can't stop raving about him and seeing who may be going up against Obamma, Nah?

In my opinion There?s only one person that has a snowballs chance in hell to beat Obamma, Sara Palin, yah yah I know, heard it all, she may be just a dumb braud as spme say but she's the only one that has the integraty to face such a crooked man & She just may have Gods blessings on the matter?

Let me answer the 440?s ahead of time?. Integraty?? integraty??. Integraty something a leftist or progressive?s such as bill maher and such are devoid of?!

This election hasn't even started yet so why give up? That is exactly what the left is trying to do. Obama has very low favorability numbers in the middle of a nasty primary. When there is one GOP candidate and the ads start running hard you can bet things will change. I know several democrats who voted for Obama that have told me they will vote for Romney so he has some appeal. It will be a good fight in the least. The low turnout says we just don'e really care who we run, we just want anyone but Obama so the base will be there.

I'm not sure if integraty is similar to integrity but that's not Palin's problem. that issue would be intelligence. god can't stack the deck good enough to give that bimbo a shot so forget it.

I like you optimism about how how Romney will attack Obama but remember while Romney is spending $13 a vote in the primary Obama is stacking up cash to destroy Romney. the republican platform dictates he with the most money is the one who wins, well Obama has the most money so watch and see how he uses it.

Stay thirsty my friends

>This election hasn't even started yet
>so why give up? That
>is exactly what the left
>is trying to do. Obama
>has very low favorability numbers
>in the middle of a
>nasty primary. When there is
>one GOP candidate and the
>ads start running hard you
>can bet things will change.
>I know several democrats who
>voted for Obama that have
>told me they will vote
>for Romney so he has
>some appeal. It will be
>a good fight in the
>least. The low turnout says
>we just don'e really care
>who we run, we just
>want anyone but Obama so
>the base will be there.
>

lets just say its a gut feeling Obamma will be re-elected for another term, I hope I'm wrong....???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom