Brothers bull

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
After 2 years of not hunting together due to my brothers work schedule,We finally got a hunt in.Although it didn't last long.

We got to the unit on Friday and went to a spot I wanted to check out.We spotted a bull while driving and lots of fresh scrapes.

Saturday morning we pulled up and there was someone parked where I was going to park.So I drove to the top when I got to the top the hunter was at the gate.He flashed me with his light and we headed back down the mountain.

As we parked near my original spot I got out and started to put my pack on and was greeted by a distant bugle.I told my bro we need to hustle before they make their way up the mountain.

We made the mile trek and the wind was perfect.We were in a bugling frenzy.We had close to 60 cows surrounding us mewing up a storm.

The worst part of it we couldn't see the bulls.One bull seemed so close but was in a wash.He was bugling non stop and glunking.
I saw a group of cows 40 yrds away and they had us pinned.They actually spooked but the action was so heavy none of the other elk seemed to care.

My bro spotted this bull down to the right of us and we moved as much as we could without being seen.He popped out in a little window and Gabe was set up.I stopped him with some cow calls and Gabe shot.The bull took off running and so did Gabe:)

Gabe shot 2 more times off hand hitting him both times and putting him down.

When I saw him running I knew he was a good one.

Congrats bro in a great bull

2840dscn0076.jpg

7995dscn0077.jpg

5788dscn0083.jpg

8387img6650.jpg

Headed home.

9176dscn0092.jpg

Congratulations to your brother on a great bull. It was great that you got to share the experience with him.

Now tell us about the black eye.

Congrats! That's a nice bulk right there. If you don't mind me asking, what unit? I always hate going out in the morning to a spot only to find someone already there. Nothing more aggravating but I guess that's why they call it "public" land lol.

Way to go Gabe!
Congradulations on a fine bul! I love the long 3rds! What unit was this? I know your brother has played a part in many of your best hunts. Glad you got to call for him and be a part of this harvest. Such a fine bull, is he better than your Dad's or your best bull to date? will call you in the next couple weeks and catch up. I guessing he will score 340-350 with those long thirds.

Well done Brotherman!
Scott Cowles

PS- Had a procedure on Oct. 6th called "Ablation" - they have corrected my heart rhythm with 3 catheter's run into my heart and eliminated the stray current that causes the problem. I'm back in sinus rhythm and good for another 100,000 miles! LOL!

Miguel,
Man you guys have had quite a season. Congrats to you and your family. Beautiful bulls!
Trey

congrats to your dad brother and nephew dang bro hope thats all your family or there wont be any big bulls left lol congrats to u and family on a great yr

Tony

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom