Brother's Desert Big Horn

ksherm

Afer scouring the desert for twenty-four days my brother Joey Penovich was able to bag a Utah Desert Big Horn. He may not be the biggest, but what character! Obviously a brawling boy! It was an awesome hunt and I'm happy I was part of it!!

Joey would like to thank all who helped make this a successful and memorable hunt. His son's; Joey and Jordan. Family members and friends; Travis, Kenny, Dallas, Jack, Jimmy, Roper, Laddy, Justin, Robert, Lance, Ali and his spotter (me):)

8439dscn1402.jpg

1358dscn1397.jpg

1420dscn1404.jpg

4717dscn1399.jpg

130dscn1395.jpg

Congratulations on a successful hunt for a sweet trophy animal.

Zeke

PS: what unit did you hunt? Thanks.

Great Ram! Looks like a North ram?
Looks like you guys had a great time, except that you had to hunt with Leo....
jk

Shoot em till their dead

North, South pretty much the same right?:) lol I know I had a blast especially the few minutes before the shot and the hour or so after. That whole group of guys are a kick in the pants! It was fun and educational hunting with them.

You guys obviously paid your dues! It is a tough mental hunt knowing you only have one chance in a lifetime for one of the most difficult animals on earth to harvest. You did well! Congratulations to you and all your helpers. Sharing with family and friends is a big part of the experience!
Nice!

Mental hunt is right!! My attitude was this is a once in a lifetime tag, no problem, bag and tag opening weekend! How ignorant I was. Definitely not like hunting Mule Deer and elk. We would love to take what we learned and do it all over again.

I just noticed after posting the official score of my Father-In-laws buck (check it out in the muley thread) that I didn't post the age and score of my brother's Desert Big Horn. It was aged at 8 1/2 and scored 145. Thanks for all the nice comments!

You are so right about sheep hunts. I tell all my clients that "you don't hunt desert sheep, you experience them!"

Congrats on a great old ram!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Awesome sheep, got to love those great old rams. And you're right about sheep, you don't hunt 'em you experience 'em!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

It was definitely an experience, one that I nor my brother will soon forget. Anyone draws this unit look us up, we would love to help out!

He has alot of character due to brawling! Got to love the scar on his nose and just the way his nose looks in general. Can't wait to see him full body mounted!

Did we ever hear if it was the north or south unit?

At one time you were a little evasive about the unit.

Zeke

Just thought i would bump your thread, so everyone can relive your brothers ram, sweet ram

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom