Browning A-Bolt owners - triggers?

R

Rem7UltraMag

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-05 AT 07:46PM (MST)[p]1.Can someone tell me how the factory Browning A-Bolt triggers perform? Are they adjustable? Average pull?

2. I am looking for 270WSM nickel plated brass. Have checked Midway and a few others, can not find it. Anyone know of a place that carries it?

i know winchester has made it in nickel becuse i have some i think hornady does to but i would call and see if you can get it right from the factory
4209712115a8bdc2.jpg

The A-bolt trigger seems to work fine for me, when I pull it, it goes off. I've never shot a gun with a custom trigger yet, so I don't know the difference. They are adjustable from 3-6 lbs. I don't remember what the factory setting is. The owners manual tells you how to do it. All you do is unscrew the scerw on the trigger guard, then take off trigger guard and that will exposes your trigger. At the back of the trigger is a little tiny screw that is the adjustment screw. To decrease trigger pull turn screw clockwise.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-05 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]Just a friendly reminder, when you adjust the trigger for a lighter pull, be sure to perform a safety check on the trigger to be sure it will not accidently fire. With empty gun, work the bolt to put gun in firing or cocked position.Safety off, strike the bolt area and cocking handle with a rubber mallet to see if it will jar off. also put safety on and pull trigger with about 20 lbs pressure, then click safety off to check if firing pin will fall. Do this several times, you may be surprised and find you now have a unsafe gun because you adjusted it too light and have a unsafe sear engagement. If you do not have a rubber mallet, and the rifle has a rubber butt pad, slam the pad on a hard floor several times to try and jar the sear off. you should also work the bolt very hard and rapid up & down and see if that will jar the sear off.
If it does not jar off, you should be ok, if it does jar off, you need to adjust the sear to a harder trigger pull. 5 ounces of pull can make the difference between a safe or unsafe sear engagement.
Most rifle makers seal the adjustment screw, and will know if the seal has been tampered with. they will assume no further liability, and if you have a accidental discharge and someone is harmed by the discharge, you have bought the farm in a civil lawsuit.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom