Browning Shotgun Service Work Needed

Murdoc34

I'm curious if anyone has had any experience sending a gun to Browning to be worked on. Tonight I decided to clean my Browning 12 guage since the season is coming to an end. I couldn't believe how dirty it was when I got it tore apart. There was a bit of sand in the trigger pull so I did something I knew I shouldn't have. I pulled one of the pins from the trigger and all heck broke loose after that. Springs went flying, I heard things bouncing around the kitchen walls/floors. Two hours later I was worse off than I was when the initial bomb occurred. I put all the parts in a bag and decided I needed a professionals assistance. I'm planning on sending it back to Browning's service department unless someone has a different idea for me. It's a browning gold hunter, semi auto. Thanks for any help.

Brady

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-09 AT 09:50PM (MST)[p]If Browning is going to charge you for repair, they should your goof, I might think about finding a local gunsmith to replace and fit the parts needed. Might save you time and expense of shipping both ways.

RELH
P.S. The next time you disassemble a small part that has springs that may fly. use a one gallon zip-lock bag. Put the part in the bag with your hands and you can see though the bag to disassemble the part. A lot better chance of the bag containing the flying springs from going everwhere.

my bet is they will fix it for free...happily
I have had nothing but good times sending guns to browning
I dropped an A-bolt out of the stock onto the cement right on the tang......broke it off. They repaired it free and it was obviously my fault.

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
jb.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I'll call browning today and see what they say. If that doesn't work, I'll look into a local gunsmith.

Brady

Just got off the phone with Browning. $20 for shipping and $65/hr for service not including parts. I'm going to try and find a local guy to fix it. Anyone know of someone in the Boise area that could fix a Browning Gold Hunter trigger pull?

Brady

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom