Brunton Binos

brdhuntr

I'm looking at buying Brunton 8.5x 43 Epoch binoculars, and was wandering if anyone has any info on these. Thankyou...

Okay, I'll bite.... Where are you hunting with them? 8.5 collect a lot of light, but I prefer 10x. I compared the Brunton Epoch's (10x)to the big 3, and they are very comparable.....With that said, at +$1200 you have many, better options IMHO. I compared my Cabela's Euros ($800) to the big three and Brunton Epochs, and would rate them very comparable. I really couldn't tell the Euros from the Epoch's, except about $500.00 extra for the Brunton HALO card for the Epoch's...All depends on your vision. If you are looking through "perfect" bins with not so perfect eyes, you may not notice a difference. A person with perfect 20/20, no astigmatism, no color-blindness, may notice a difference between Swaro SLC's, and Cabela's Euros, but my eyes sure couldn't....If your eyes ARE good enough, go with the Swaro's for about the same price. (Again, IMHO).

Unlike Reno, I was not able to compare my Epochs (10.5x) with the big-3, so I can't comment. Although I got mine with the doubler and the works for $1,100, I can't recommend them for that price. I have a buddy with Pentax and I think they were just as good or better than mine at half the price (at least through my eyes).

I have Brunton 10.5x43's, I also have 10x50 Swaro's and 8-12x42 Leica's. I end up taking my Brunton's on my back pack hunts. I think the glass is just as good and I like the weight and durability of the Brunton's as well as the warranty (I sent a pair back already and had a new pair in a week). The big difference I see is in the colors. Colors are brighter and sharper with the Leica's and the Swaro's, and they are my first choice if weight and durability are not a factor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom