Brunton

D

diamondj

Has anyone used a Brunton spotting scope? If so how good are they really. Are they any where near Leica, or Sworo?

THE BRUNTON OPTICS I HAVE USED/HANDLED ARE NOT SWARO TYPE QUALITY, AT THE SAME TIME THERE NOT LOW PRICED EITHER. I THINK THERE ARE SEVERAL BETTER CHOICES OUT THERE IN OPTICS. I DONT SEE A TREMENDOUS NUMBER OF HUNTERS IN THE FIELD W/ THERE PRODUCTS EITHER. AT THIS POINT I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THERE WARRANTY. JUST MY EXPERIENCE, YD.

Thanks for the input Yukon. That is what I thought you don't see too much on these so I figured they were not what I was looking for but thought I would check.

Their warranty department is second to none. I have had severasl sets of their binos and would not hesitate to buy their scope. It is half the price of the big three.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-06 AT 09:40PM (MST)[p]I've had a pair of Eterna binoculars for 5 years, and just bought the compact spotting scope last week. I have been very impressed with the binoculars and so far am equally impressed with the spotting scope. I have not had a chance to test it in hunting conditions, but just using it in the back yard has been interesting. A house is under construction about 350 yards from my back door. With the scope I can read the color and date of manufacture on the packages of shingles stacked on the roof. Also, I can look across the valley and read the letters on a stop sign 3.75 miles away (as long as the weather is cool). Add to that the scope only weighs 24 ounces, less than my binos, and I'm sold. Another point that I really like is the focus control. It is smooth as warm butter - a huge advantage over the Leupold Gold Ring I almost bought.

I haven't ever used Leica or Swarovski, so can't compare. At about half the price of those brands, I think Brunton is an excellent deal.

Paul

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-06 AT 11:29PM (MST)[p]I have the 15x51 Brunton Eterna's. They're light and have solid light transmission even under low light conditions. I'm definately happy with them. I used them this evening to glass a couple of bucks. There is better glass out there, but value-wise, I think the Brunton's are a good choice...You get probably 85%+ of the quality at 50% of the price of the really high end stuff.

I purchased the 10x42 Brunton Eterna's about 6 years ago. They are great glass for the money. Two years ago I had the right side front lens assembly come apart. This was right before my hunt. I sent them back and they sent me a new pair overnight. I have no regrets on the purchase and I would do it again. I have to assume you will get the same quality and service from their spotting scopes.

Later,
Vince

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom