Brush Gun

E

elkslayer54

I have a heavy Remington sendero, Owesome gun but heavy, Sooooooooooooooooooo I am going to buy a light brush gun for elk. I am going to buy a Remington 30-06 in a 7400 semi-auto OR
a winchester super shadow 300 WSM. What is your opinion??? Both guns will be about 6 pounds or so not like the 10 pounder I already have. So lets hesr it the good the bad and the ugly!!!!

FEAR NOT FOR I AM WITH YOU! Walk soft and carry a 300 RUM,

You might wanna concider the REM Model 7 in one of the short ultra mag calibers. The gun is light, fast to the shoulder, and groups well outta the box. Just my 2 cents worth !!! :D
Good luck w/ your decision !! :7

Buckrub...Excellent recommendation, sir. The Model 7 in .300SAUM looks good to me!!

Good luck with your new rifle, whatever it may be..

I would go with the winchester model 70 300 WSM.
IMO, its the best gun and caliber ever made.
I have a 7400 rem. I bought it at wal-mart 5 years ago, and it is a fun gun but it has been back to the factory, and it dings up the tips of bullets, I hunt coyotes with it.
I wouldn,t take it on a serious hunt

If I'm reading you correctly, you're wanting a light, maneuverable rifle for closer quarters. Something with a punch and quick to follow up. I'd probably not go with either choice. I'm thinking more along the lines of a BLR in .358 Winchester.

I assume your looking for something short, light with open sights? Quick shots with limited line of sight? How about a good lever action rifle, Winchester or Marlin in a good heavy caliber. I have a Winchester Big Bore .375 that does the job. Light, short and can stop a bear. Marlin has the .444, 45/70 and the new .450 Marlin that would fit the bill.

Along those lines I have a sweet Win. 94 in .444 Marlin that would be just the thing you are looking for. Synthetic stocked, which even reduces weight a little more.
HB

The Model 7 is a mighty handy gun, but you'd have to be a better man than I am to want to shoot one regularly in any magnum caliber; it'll be a nasty kickin' SOB! If I were looking for a handy gun for elk, I'd probably think about the .35 Whelen; it shoots heavy bullets at reasonable velocities, without excessive recoil, and is deadly on elk.

Venado muy grande!

Elkslayer, I will sell you my winchester 70 after the season in 300WSM. I havent heard from you in a long time Biothch, I thought you were going to come hunt the muzzleload deer here in Utah with me and BigbullHunter? I see you have flaked out and no longer need our friendships.

elk_img_01.gif

Big Bore 94 .375 Winchester XTR Brush Buster!
Its not made any more but you can still find them in new condition for around $400.00.
LEVER ACTION FAST! TON OF KNOCKDOWN!(for in close).
Not very heavy, 8-SHOTS 200GR, beatiful(great wood,high polish bluing).
I use for HOGS,BEAR!
RACKMASTER

Just a quick question, anyone ever think of shooting an elk with a shotgun slug? I'm no gun nut or expert but have been in the dark timer and jumbed elk really close, thought if I had a open sight shot gun I may of had a shot. With my scoped rifle I can never see them in through the scope in time. I would just use it during the hot weather middle of the day when elk are in the timber deep timber and I'm just hunting were the elk are waiting for weather to move in.

>I assume your looking for something
>short, light with open sights?
>Quick shots with limited line
>of sight? How about a
>good lever action rifle, Winchester
>or Marlin in a good
>heavy caliber. I have a
>Winchester Big Bore .375 that
>does the job. Light, short
>and can stop a bear.
>Marlin has the .444, 45/70
>and the new .450 Marlin
>that would fit the bill.
>

Marlin Guide Gun. I LOVE my triple four. Getting it set up with a scout scope with quick detach rings. Talk about easy to carry, well balanced, and fast follow up shots.

"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

If you can find a Remington M7600 Pump in .30-06 you'll be very pleased with it for the hunting chores you describe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom