Brux?

REDDOG

Long Time Member
Anyone using Brux barrels here? I know they have a good rep but i'm an obermeyer/krieger guy..But dont want to wait a year for them..Bugholes.com has an 8 twist #5 6mm brux ready to order right now..Will be for my 6/06AI (barrel number 4 on it so far!)

I know a lot of guys over on www.longrangehunting.com are using Brux barrels and the quality is reported to be every bit as good as any custom barrel out there. They are a fairly young company but their reputation is growing.

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Reddog, My wife is shooting a #3 brux in a 264 win and it is shooting well. I wouldnt hesitate to buy another. Have you looked for a Rock barrel? Alot of guys are using them.
Elkhuntr

I like them. I've bought 2 Brux barrrels from Greg - aka Bugholes on the Hide.

Both are #3 contour 7MM barrels, 1-9" twist. Here is one, its a 7mm-08. I had this one built last year and so far its been a really great shooting rig, cleans easy and doesn't seem to mind what you feed it for ammo.

Beanland7mm08-2.jpg

The 2nd one is with the same smith right now and should be back in maybe a month. I'm having a twin built to this rifel, also a 7mm08.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-12 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]
Thanks for the replys, I ordered it from Greg today,cant wait..

elkhuntr, yes I actually have one on order from Mike Rock, been around 5 months now..I know he is in high demand right now, but he aint got a corner on the market.i wont go that rout again unless i can find one in stock somewhere..kinda bitter at the moment.that said i'm sure it will hum when it does come.

I'll let ya'll know what i think of the brux here in a few months.

oregonmuley, did Karl do your rifle?

He did some of the action work - and the bolt handle & bolt flute done by Karl. The rest was done by another smith. Karl did build my .243 though. Karl is a great guy, just a bit too busy unfortunately.

Ya it seems like all good smith's are always backed up..After almost begging him today I got him to agree to do a sako extractor on my remmy (his site says he will NOT do them at this time)..I had to get it fluted and the handle done for him to take it..

Worth it IMO as I trust him to do it right. had a sako installed by another "gunsmith" not long ago and ended up replacing the bolt on my dime, he said "it works just fine"..I suppose, but a shittier job i've never seen.

I have a 6.5-284, 1 in 8 brux being built right now. Should be done in the next 2 weeks and i can't wait to start working with it. The guy doing the work swears by brux. I've seen the paper from his guns and i would say i have to ageee with him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom