Buckle up egg heads.

Long Time Member
I'll admit it. For many many years I was much too busy to bother wearing a seat belt. I get it, pain in the ass and I don't like the man telling me what to do either. Plain and simple they save lives. Some people with them on die. Most people without them are astronomically more likely to die. The statistics don't lie. I would not care one way or the other but I am however sick and tired of scraping dead bodies off the road. I am also sick and tired of being the one to break devastating news to family. Recent literature also suggests it is a food idea to drive sober. I'm sure I will be filling a few body bags over the holiday weekend. Don't be selfish. Your loved ones pay the price.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Thanks 1911. And thanks for being on the front lines.

It's always a food idea to drive sober. :)

Seat belt is a must. Use to never be a fan of it in my high school to early 20 stage.

but after working for companys that require a seat belt its a natural thing now. I even wear it if I drive 2 min to the store

back in septemeber I had a serious wreck at work. I will have to post a picture of my work truck frame in a v shape .. but that seat belt saved my life. The officer that pulled up thought I was dead. He was shocked that I got a bump on my head and back/neck/hips needed adjusted.

If I didnt have my seatbelt on I would of been tossed around...

and to add 1911 no one text and drive or dink around on the phone. People scare me on the road checking their facebook page

The Problem We got around here now is:

Some of the Face Bookers/TEXTERS were getting Perty Good at Driving & Texting when they'd Hold their F'N Phone up at the Top of the Steering Wheel!

But since they changed the Law they Hide/Hold the Phone down by their Crotch & it's a Complete Distraction and HELL NO none of them are Mastering it!

There's alot of them that Cain't Drive without a Phone,let alone Trying to do Both!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I never wore one when I was younger. Then when I was about twenty a friend of mine was driving his 1970 Chevy pickup at an estimated speed of 20 miles per hour. It was snowing hard and his wipers were bad. He rolled the window down and had his head out the window to see. He went off the road and the truck rolled up on the drivers side. His head got smashed left a young wife and kid to fend for them selves. I had two kids at home and have wore my seat belt every since that day. The truck didn't even brake the mirror.

Hope all a safe 4th and 1911 hope they go easy on you.

DZ

I wear my belt even when cruising the main roads in the forest. Co-workers try to razz me a little about it but I tell them it's like Russian roulette, at some point you may have a low speed collision with an embankment, tree, another vehicle, free range cow or just go over the edge and that belt can keep you from major injury or death. Even out in the boonies.

This hits home for me pretty big right now! I just spent a month working with a couple guys from LA on a shutdown. They rolled their vehicle trying to miss a deer on the way home. Passenger was ejected from the vehicle and is in serious condition at U of U hospital with serious head trama. The driver is back in "The Boot" with his newborn child.

Just buckle up!!

Hope You're Not working the Berry Patch this afternoon 1911?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

4 Fatalities here in TARDville that I know of & the Weekend Ain't over with yet!

I went to Park City,Heber,Jordanelle,Deer Creek,Wallsburg,Strawberry yesterday & only Had 3 Close Calls!

Wall to F'N Wall People everywhere!

Even seen a Pa-curious Load!

An SUV with a Medium sized Raft up on Top with a 4 Wheeler on Top of the Raft!

JUDAS!!!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I've been saved from death or grave injury twice by a seat belt.

First time I was a passenger in a high speed multiple roll over accident. I could literally feel the centrifugal force trying to suck me right out the window, even hit the pavement. Without the belt I would have been ejected and rolled over by the truck.

The second time I t-boned a drunk trying to cut across the highway in front of me. Barely had time to get on the brakes and hit doing about 50 mph. Absolutely crushed the front end of my Ranger. The sound was like a bomb going off and the impact was unreal. I'd have gone right into the steering wheel and windshield head first if I wasn't belted. If I'd survived that one, most likely I'd have been getting coloring books for my birthday the rest of my life.

I work in a hospital and see people all the time who were unrestrained in a wreck. Lots of brain injuries, lots of multiple broken bones. Sometimes there is another passenger in the same car who was belted in and they walk away with minor injuries.

If you won't wear a seat belt, you won't ride in my car. Simple as that.

NRA Life Member

www.swanspointoutfitters.com

The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once.

Seat belts have a benefit that hasn't been discussed yet.

The seat belt keeps your azz in the correct place, in case of a bump or skid, and allows you to control your vehicle instead of blasting into someone or driving off the road.

I won't even go to the store for bread without wearing mine! Previous posters have pointed out the now obvious: they save lives and grave injury!

Zeke

I always wear mine, always have.

When I was in my early 20s I was 1 of 5 people riding in a Suburban. The driver side front tire blew and we shot off the Hwy and rolled 2 and a half times. I was the only one wearing a seat belt and I was completely uninjured. I got to watch my 4 friends get loaded on Ambulances with a couple of them barely alive.

It doesn't bother me if people don't wear seat belts, we need some kind of population control.

This also reminds me of a kid I hired a couple of years ago who absolutely refused to wear a seat belt. The reasons he gave for not wearing were so incredibly stupid I had to fire him because of it. I couldn't have someone that dumb working for me.

I think it was 87, i was having a afternoon brew down at a favorite water hole in my home town when Mr. Billy Ward walked in and as usual when i was there, he pulled up a stool next to mine and ordered a cup of coffee with a shot of Christian Bros Brandy.

Billy Ward was a Famous Cowboy back in his day. He never was a world champ in the rough stock events he participated in but by most accounts, he was good enough to be a Champ, just didn't care to be that busy.

He had him a job at the Walker Ranch for as long as he lived, i guessed him in his early to mid 70's, and the old pickup he was driving was so old, it didn't come with seat belts and that particular day, he had been down to the Chevy dealer, asking about how much it would cost to put them in.

We chatted. He knew all my Family, i was just happy he liked to talk to me. The one Brandy was it, i never ever saw him have a second. He slid off stool and as he headed to the door, he said the belts were going to be $250.,can i believe that? "They're putting them in day after next. See ya around", he said.

That evening headed home, he wasn't but about a mile from the Ranch house on a dirt road when he went over the edge and rolled to his death. RIP Billy Ward!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom