Bucks and Bulls in 31

B

bakerboy

I chukar hunt down on the Brownlee on both the oregon and idaho sides. I have seen some smoker bucks in that unit. I have seen some good bulls in there late in the winter, but imagine they move a little higher in the summer.
Anyone have any luck during the actual seasons in 31. I know it is a very limited draw for both buck and bull. I was just curious if any toads are killed out of there each year.

I hunted 31 during the general buck season.Down around Brownlee steck park area no bucks and only 6 does mostly winter range i think.we went back into the timber and saw a 5 point bull but no deer.

It looks like that 31 on the snake river side shuts down once the snow falls. If a truck gets down in there it might not be able to get back out. I would think the deer are in there somewhere. That kind of country can hide a lot of big bucks. I have hunted the Oregon side of Brownlee and if you have patience you could have a really good opportunity to shoot a big buck.
I would think the Idaho side would be even better because it gets a lot less pressure than the oregon side.

31 used to be good till everyone started going there and riding 4 wheelers everywhere. A couple of the big ranchers near Weiser used to let you hunt, especially elk, I doubt it any more. Those days are long gone, it's to bad, I used to hunt there alot and didn't have much company. Never huge numbers of deer but some nice bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom