Buddy's biggest set

YELUM

Long Time Member
My buddy Ryan found this 201 inch set(his biggest) and then spent several hours rubbing it on trees and stuff to brown it up. He did an awesome job and it lookes even better in person. They will be mounted soon and then I'll have to post it again.

Yelum

PA040291.jpg

P9180222.jpg

really nice. what kind of trees did your buddy rub on and other stuff to brown them up. i have many nice mule deer sheds and would like to brown them up. any help.

Great antlers. I can only see the few pics but one of those horns sure looks heavier than the other around the burrs.... Are they for sure a match? Just asking...

Great looking set of antlers. Thats cool how the bases are so different, gives the set nice character. Thanks for posting.

Larry,
I know that you know your stuff, but I am having a hard time believing that those antlers are from the same deer. I could be wrong though, in any case I would love to have either one of those antlers. If I am wrong then I owe you one.
Jared
www.teterhorn.com

Jared
How could you doubt me? After I've taken you into my house, showed you my best stuff, introduced you to my wife and kids.
Ouch!

Actually, I've even showed you film of this buck. And if it wouldn't have been on hi-8 format you would have put it on my dvd for me. :)

But just so you and 3B don't feel like you are the only ones who can't see it, even Ryan himself, after picking them up and holding them in his hands for a couple days, and after year of instruction in the art of antler matching, didn't even know they were a match until I reminded him of a small fact that we have seen this buck dead and the right pedicle had been damages in an earlier year. The year he died that right base was over 8 inces in diameter. Maybe if you guys are nice I'll show you another picture.

Yelum

Larry, I never question the info you post. Your word is good enough for me unlike that teterhorn fella :) (just kidding jared). Post up that dead buck picture! And thanks for sharing these sheds.. They are very BIG

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Tell you what, I was out with Ryan the day he and his dad found this set of sheds and I have to tell you I didn't think they were a set either. I would have never guessed it! After Larry showed me his pics and stuff it's darn sure a match though. Funny thing is Ryan and his old man beat the brush for about 5 hours if I remember right trying to find the other side to the heavy based shed and they already had it in their pack! :) That's shed hunting for ya I guess! :)

Great finds and great job on recoloring them Ryan!

Awesome!

NvrEnuf

That's an awesome set of bones there

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Okay, Okay. I know was wrong and I do remember seeing video of that buck. Larry was right again. As for the suck up (browtine) I heard that he will agree with anybody as long as they show him where to find some sheds (just kidding Brandon). I will have my new DVD out pretty soon Larry and if you want me to put some of your footage on a DVD I can do that. If you want I can put the clips that I already have on a DVD. Let me know.
Jared
www.teterhorn.com

OK
Here is a picture of the deer taken from video the summer before he died(2004).
434fbecb0e425e85.jpg

This is a picture of the skull and rack after he died. His sheds(2002) score 201 gross and his rack scored 216 gross. If you look close you can see the right pedicle had been damaged at some point and the right base is nearly 2 inches bigger than the left.
434fbea70dd396ee.jpg

Yelum

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom