Buffalo stolen? Can anyone help!

mooseman

I am posting here because I need help getting my buffalo. JOHN HARDY TAXIDERMY Anyone know who he is or how to get a hold of him? He use to live in Corrine, UT and apparently moved to Malad, ID. This guy has had my buffalo for four years now. I have called (a ton), driven buy and I can't get this guy. I just want my once in a lifetime on my wall where it should be. Still have my deposit receipt in my wallet. Any help would be appreciated!

Malad is quite close to where I live. PM me with some specifics. I'll drive by and see if he exists.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

This your guy?

John A Hardy
2257 1500 N
Malad City, ID 83252
(208) 766-2280

Previous address:
2190 4100 W
Corinne, UT 84307

I do not know if this will apply in ID. My father in law had problems getting his antelope back from a taxidermist in wyoming. The lope made the bottom of the book. After many different stories, he contacted WY. Fish and Game dept. they paid a visit to the taxidermist and had a talk with him and the antelope was shipped within the week after the visit.

RELH

I got a buddy who lives in Malad. I will see if i cant get a hold of him today and see if he knows anything. He is also a taxidermy so im sure he will know who he is.

Besides basically being in breach of contract, by taking your cape across state lines I expect that he is in violation of interstate compact laws and it could be a federal matter.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-11 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]You need to contact the county Sherif's department. Tell them what has happened and ask if they will pay the man a visit.

Also send him a certified letter that he has to sign for upon reciept. Tell him in the letter that he is in breach of contract, and was in breach of said contract by taking the trophy animal across state lines. You would like the cape and skull back in an as is condition and you will take care of the rest. State that he has 3 days to contact you in order to arrange the receipt of your trophy, or you will involve an attorney and take him to court.

In the mean time contact Cablea's legal department, I lost their number, and just ask them for information for an attorney who can help you. They are very willing to help, even though they are not involved.

My guess is that he no longer has the cape, and likely cannot get the cape back. The two primary tanning operations in the intermountain west both filed for bankruptsy in the time frame you have stated. That means another taxidermist may have purchased the capes and hides from the bankruptsy court. YES that is legal, sorry you can't do anything about it. If you contact the Helena School of Taxidermy they may be able to help you find out what taxidermist purchased the hides. That is how I found my bear, and my dad's and brothers bears, all shot in 2006. They were tied up in the tanning bankruptsy mess that happened in 2008.

GOOD LUCK!!

Also you may want to try and contact Marc D Jozovich
(406) 494-2285

For some reason he seems to know a lot about wierd deals like this. He is a whole sale rug taxidermist. If you have a rug done by anyone here in Utah or Idaho, he most likely did the work and your taxidermist just charged you a premium for his work! But like I said he seems to know about odd ball deals when a trophy gets "lost"

Thanks to everyone for you help. I got a hold of his wife and she said it is done. Checked stub numbers and they match, so hopefully I will have it in my hands shortly. Said they lost our number. HUMM. Will let you know when it is in my hands. Again, thanks for the help

Wow! never would have expected that after everything that has transpired so far. Please post pictures once you go get it. I must say I'm still a little skeptical.

This is being posted by the wife! I just picked it up in Malad not 20 min ago. The guy is a jerk and the buffalo is filthy. Quality wise it seems okay. He said he texted me with a picture that it was done and never bothered to follow up. What business man just relies on a text to conclude a transaction? Especially when I had called and left messages. If I was waiting for that much money, I sure as heck would have kept calling until I talked to someone in person. Thank heavens we have a great taxidermist now and he said it should be able to be cleaned up. Lets hope. Thanks to WRT for the address and phone.

Will love to see a picture of it. Glad you got it back.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom