bull

STOMPER

figured maybe I will try hiding out in the nm section and see if my posts are allowed to stay. Heres the bull i got this year.

3258dsc00023.jpg

3960dsc00038.jpg

welcome back stinky, i have always enjoyed reading your posts.this is an awesome bull.i just this year converted from co to nm.i will be hunting 5a and 5b forever now,we bought a piece to sustain us bow and rifle forevere there.thanks for coming back..

Wow, great bull. I don't usually read the NM forum. But, I'm glad I did. Thanks for infiltrating the system and posting. Good luck keeping the low profile.

I did find the broken point. Luckily Jason saw him fighting the other bull. When they finished my bull had taken a 340 6x7's horns off both above the 3rds. Jason picked all the pieces up and low and behold my g1 and 2" busted of devil tine were in the pile.

The bull as is scores just shy of 373. with his g1 reattached he scores 388. if you add the 2" devil tine in he goes 390".

heres the busted pile of antlers. the ones with the red centers are my bulls points. His g1 was in 3 pieces.

932elkhorns.jpg

heres a pic I took with my phone off the tv of the bull.

7880elkpic1.jpg

and heres a night photo of a bull I passed. I figured he had a 450" left side and a 300" right side. Everyone was begging me to shoot this guy.

140peanut.jpg

I enjoyed your posts, then you showed up in a picture with what looks to be an OU shirt.

That's just not cool.

Nice dink you got there. :)

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on. I'm from artesia. Landry's father is a dern good friend as is the whole family. I gotta support the home town hero.

Yeah one of these days I might just get a big bull huh. Here's to hoping anyways lol

>Wow--that is a beautiful bull.
>Paul is full of crap...
>;-)

Okay, maybeee, I would shoot that bull if it was the last hour of the hunt..... my freezer was empty....... it was already wounded...... next to the road..... I had to unload the gun anyway.....

...had to un-nock an arrow...get hands warm ala Empire Strikes Back...Nancy Pelosi was in the line of fire...

Dang
You killed another huge bull.Congrats, I wonder if that big bull will be a have a good rack (more even) come next year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-12 AT 09:01PM (MST)[p]I took that bull due east of gallup on the state line.

sorry, due WEST, not east.

the thing I like most about this bull is that he is extremely symmetrical. Both swords are 22" and both g5's are 17 3/4". we thought the bull would have 57 - 58" beams but he ended up at 54" beams. The only reason I even mention the measurements is because I've killed so many good bulls and I still cant figure out a bulls beams or mass. I figured that bull had 50" of mass and he taped out with 62" of mass. I didn't much care for his tine length as he simply looked like a giant bull. I knew he was wide and had big stuff growing off his beams so I shot him. after the fact I wondered how wide he was. If I woulda missed him I woulda told everyone he was 48" wide. The bulls inside spread was just under 42". I'm always amazed at how I think I have a bull that will go way past 400 and when you put the tape to them you realize just how big a 400" straight 6x6 bull really must be. I was so impressed by this bulls size that it really makes me want to get my hands on a 400+" 6x6 just to see if they really do exist. This was a truly awesome bull and one I would never be able to pass so maybe I never will get a 400" bull because in my mind this is as big as they get.
heres some more trail cam pics of him before he broke off.

1796imag0232.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-12 AT 09:07AM (MST)[p]Stomper, stop being such a tight wad and pay a few extra grand to shoot one with all his horns. ;-)

Not only is that a spectacular bull, but that pic of finding the antler shards is remarkable. Freakin' nuts, really, unless it was in a pen (just trying to throw some of the ol' stinky gas on the fire)

Even as just a lurker, I missed the 'vibrancy' your posts added to the main forum. Glad you're back.

You said it: a 400" straight 6x6 is an absolute monster.

This is the perfect bull to me...you'd be crazy to pass him up. I've only seen one other 6x6 NM bull of this caliber that a woman arrowed several years back, and it taped right at 390".

Heres another one of the bulls I was after.

2321big6_2.jpg

Im not gonna post the other bull as I don't want to draw a lot of attention to this particular spot and the other bull I was after would draw a crap load of attention. Lets just say the bull I took was on the hit list as a good archery bull and never looked at as a shooter bull for my tag. I saw some big bulls this year. It was an awesome hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom