bullets

beech18

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-13 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]Whats your opinions on bullets? I have shot 250 grain SST's with 2 pellets of magnum triple 7. Chornograph at +/-2000 fps out of my muzzy.

Ive hunted a few years with this load, killed some animals. However, not overly impressed with bullet performance. Ive had to do some tracking jobs to finish the job with more lead, even on good shot placements had to do this. Been for both deer and elk. Shots been 150 yards or less on everything. Like the muzzy hunting, but theres days like that listed above where I like to use the muzzy as a fence post.

Any others seem to have this too or just me with the SST?

Now the question. Never hunted CO muzzy, built enough points this year to draw the area I want and realize the rules with muzzy. Assuming the area doesnt point leap 3 years. Any opinions what bullets/loads I should be looking at and that also comply's with the CO Regs. This is for elk.

Morning Shane, I just went through what your asking with ML bullets. Ended up using Speer 300 gr Deep Curl. Don't know if these are legal in Co but if they are they worked great for me.

I also use the Speer Deep Curl bullets here in Michigan but they are not legal in Colorado's muzzy season.It must be a full bore bullet,no sabot.

Thanks for the input. I hunt with the Encore right now thats scoped, in antisipation of CO and the regs, I plan on getting another muzzleloader didicated to open sights. Looking serious at the CVA's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom