BURRIS FULFIELD II

Glass is pretty good, the ballistic plex is accuarate and never had one fail. I have one now on my AR15. I would buy another one with confidence. I have had 3-to date and no issues.

Norkal,

I have a Fullfield II on top of my Tikka T3 30.06 The area I hunt is very steep and brushy. Twigs and limbs are constantly tugging at me or anything that sticks out like a scope. I also access my hunting area from home with a ATV and the rifle gets bounced around quite a bit inside the kolpin gun boot. I worry about it but it has never failed to hold zero. That's not to say I wouldn't purchase more expensive glass if I could. The Fullfield II has been very good to me so far.

Bean

I had an older Fulfield on my 7mm Rem Mag that was very good and it now rides on my brother's .30-06 and still shoots terrific.

I now have a Burris Signature Select with the Ballistic Plex on that rifle and it is a very nice scope. I really like the Ballistic Plex a lot. I also just purchased a Fullfield II for my .22-250 and it shoots well too. I think the glass is better than my old Fulfield but not as good as the Signature Select. Someday that Fulfield will ride on my 7mm08 but for now the little Weaver V-9 has been so reliable and clear, that I have had a hard time taking it off.

I think the Fulfield II represents a good value and I really think the Ballistic Plex is nice. No more guessing where to hold the crosshairs.

Enjoy!

FH

I have the 4.5-14x42mm fullfield scope on my 270 wsm and it has performed great. I have taken it on too backpacking hunts in tough terrain and it still holds a zero has never fogged up. It has a few scratches on its body but its a tough scope. The ballistic plex reticle is great and is very close on all the yardages i have shot at. I just need to find something living to shoot with it.

I recently had a fullfield II fog up on me during a rainy blacktail hunt in Oregon. I was a bit frustrated. I still made the shot but I coulda' done without the moisture in the scope. That 6.5 is not topped with a Leupold.

if you are going to use any ballistic plex or milldot reticle you will want to use a rangefinder and know the distance of each bar.

I have that exact scope on two of my guns and I have no gripes, it is well worth the price seeing that you can get one for under 200 bucks.

i own a sig. select and am waiting to put it on my next rifle....funny story about the fullfield II. my buddy just sent his back after we figured out the crosshairs were skewed to the right about 12 - 14 degrees!! i didnt believe it until i brought my level level level over and we squared everything up. i was shocked. the burris rep he talked to said he has never seen or heard of that and to send em back...so he did. he hasnt heard back yet. i think they are great optics. must have been a fluke in my buddys scope.

I just won one with a rifle (3x9 fullfield II) thru an RMEF raffle. If I'm not able to upgrade it when I pick it up, it will be for sale. I'm hoping it's still in the box and not mounted. Let me know if you're interested. I have no experience with Burris but just wanted an upgraded scope for the rifle since it cost me a whole $3, I figure I can afford to put a little more $ in the scope.

I have a new one on my 300WSM and i bought a used one off ebay, it didn't work right and sent it back to Burris to find out why it would not adjust elevation, two weeks later i get a brand new one in the mail! A-I Service to say the least...

The 4.5 x 14 x 42 FF2 I have is brigther than my leupold vx-3 4.5 x 14 40. Having said that, you cannot compare craftsmanship, the vx3 wins hands down.Do not get me wrong - like the Burris scope, but the last burris ff2 I bought I turned around and sold it nib, and bought another Leupold, but that's just me. I'm a bit of an optics snob- zeiss spotter, leupold scopes and leica binos. To each his own though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom