Bushnell 1500 Elite ARC Range Finder

C

cpugsie

Has anyone used the Bushnell 1500 Elite ARC Range Finder yet? Do you like how it works? I purchased the Leupold RX-III and don't like it.

I looked at both today trying to compare them. The salespeople didn't have a clue about what they're selling. I left both stores not learning a thing about them and not buying one. But I'm tempted to get the Leica "mini" 1500yd. rangefinder. It, however doesn't have the angle compensator.

I hope you get lots of responses to your post. As you can see, I'm also interested to hear the opinions of others.

BTW would you elaborate why you don't like the Leupold?

For starters, the instructions are terrible. They try to do too much with this range finder. I did some tests on a tall building at work with another Bushnell range finder and I didn't like the readings I was getting. I first paced off the yardage at 15 yards. The Bushnell said 15 yards and the Leupold said 17 yards straight on. I then picked a spot up on the building and took a reading with both from the same 15 yard spot. The Leupold said I was at a 57 degree angle (which I believed) but told me to aim for 20 yards. The Bushnell showed a line of sight of 23 yards which is correct given the angle and the distance to the building. I though that the Leupold was suppose to give you the horizontal distance to the target, in this case, 15 yards not 20 yards. I call Leupold to find out if the true horizontal distance is given or if it is a calculation of some sort. They said that it was a fancy algorythem (sp) done by the same people that does calculations for the space shuttle. Just confused me more. Also, there's one reading for out to 150 yards and another setting for over 150 yards. I don't want to have to change settings out in the field for different yardage. Other people have negative comments about it not working well in low light and the yardage being off more as the distance gets greater. I just don't trust this piece of equipment just yet. My 2 cents worhth!!!

Thanks for the explanation. I'm leaving Sat. or Sun. for NM so, being pressed for time, I have decided against both the Bushnell and the Leupold and will buy the compact Leica Rangemaster tomorrow.

Herb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom