Bushnell Excursion ED Spotter

HuntinAddict

I was recently at Sportsmans Warehouse and I took some time to look through some spotters just for the heck of it. I have never owned a spotting scope, but lately I have been thinking about possibly getting one to add more Mag glass to my eyes.
The selection was not very big but I tried out the Swaro, Nikon Field scope III, Leupold Sequoia, and Bushnell Excursion..

This is what I noticed:
1. Swaro - easy to look through, best image, etc..... I knew this coming in so I just wanted to "show" my eyes what the best in the store would be. To kinda warm my eyes up you know....

2. Nikon Field scope III - great image, light, nice size, fairly easy to look through.

3. Bushnell - great image, on the heavy side but short length wise, Very easy to look through. The eye piece/objective that you look through is HUGE in diameter and Very easy to get an image without even trying/closing other eye.

4. Leupold - good image, nice size, not easy to look through. Has a small eye piece (small diameter). Hard time getting full fov image and eye strain was evident right away.

Summary: Aside from Swaro I thought the Nikon had the best image . Image quality of bushnell was not far behind the Nikon. This will sound crazy but it appeared to me that the Bushnell was ALMOST as natural/easy to look through as the Swaro...

I admitt that I am NO expert as far as spotters go but it seemed like the Bushnell was a decent spotter for approx. $400. I have always thought of bushnell as low quality so I am confused at what I saw that day. Were my eyes just off that day?? What are your thoughts...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom