Busnell onix 400 GPS

overkill

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-07 AT 10:05AM (MST)[p]Does anyone have this? I love the idea of downloading satelite images over your location along with real time weather patterns. What kind of resolution do the maps offer? Is it comparable to Google Earth? Plus, how does the GPS navagation compare to the top of the line Garmins? Any info would be appreciated!

I have been looking at the bushnell to....I am debating between it and the Earthmate PN-20...I am not a wizard when it comes to GPS...but the PN-20 seems like more bang for the buck...
The Bushnell has some features that I may not ever use...doppler radar and satalite radio...

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-07 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]I actually bought the Delorme PN-20. here are some quick thoughts about the unit. Very, very accurate. quite user friendly though the software that comes with it ( Delorme's TopoUSA 6.0) takes a little longer to learn. You can customize the pages and content, handy if you want a specific layout. Good size and weight. Processor is too slow to handle all the data especially the aerial and USGS topo maps. You will have to wait a few seconds for them to load and redraw. Don't try using it to mavigate you to a destination like an in-car GPS. It takes much too long and by that time, you are 5-10 miels down the road.

I'm anxious to see how the Bushnell performs. If it does well I'll sell my Delorme. The advatage of the Bushell is real time local weather forecasts, and real time weather overlays. I think it would be great to look down and see what kind of weather is coming your way.

Thanks for the update...I think I will wait to see how others make out with the Bushnell...I make out great with my old garman.

Anyone played with Bushnell yet? I've been thinking about getting one myself.

I was on the road the other day and I played with one at the Cabelas store in Chicago.... It seemed pretty cool but the only problem is that you CANN'T interface it with most software packages like Delorme or Nat Geographic... I think the phrase they used is that it is non-NMEA compliant... So until they get that worked out I am going to pass on it...
Jason
www.thenewmexicosportsman.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom