Buy a 2010 Bow or 2009 Bow...???

EROCK1313

So this year I was planning on buying a new 2010 bow but got to thinking:

What is a great 2009 bow to buy instead of a 2010? It doesn't really seem like too much has changed for 2010 besides some Carbon Fiber and Flex Cable Guards, or am I wrong? Is there a better bow for 2010?

Currently I have a Fred Bear Truth which I have had since I started Archery in 2007. It has killed everything I have aimed at except 2 lucky Grouse that only escaped the broadhead's wrath by less than a 1/2". For Big Game, I have killed 3 Muleys and 2 Elk ("Spider...Bull 2" Thread from this past fall).

This Bow has served me find and I am used to it (it will remain my back-up), but just looking towards getting something newer and a little faster while still being fairly forgiving.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!!

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-10 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]Bowtech Admiral! I would buy it before I bought a 2010.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Didn't the Admiral have some limb pocket issues or am I thinking of a different one?

Why this particular bow choice?

?-ERock-> ?

I would go 09 Alphamax32...I still think it's the most accurate bow on earth and you can get one for a LOT less $$$ now...

~Z~

The Admiral 09 was definitely a nice bow, but IMO the flexible roller guard on the 2010 model is a huge improvement and worth it. It is much more forgiving and tunable with that flexibility removing lateral nock travel.

I picked up a Diamond Iceman 09 for less than 500.00 brand new. I have shot hoyts in the past and would say nothing bad about an alpha. Just really liked the diamond for 250.00 off list price. If money is an issue buy the best you are able to afford.

Hoyt Alphamax is an awesome bow. If you have a little extra money go with the 2010 Maxxis. they both shoot great

Erock I am in the same situation. I am headed to the archery shop this weekend. I plan on shooting a lot of different 2010 bows. If none of them are leaps above others I am just going to buy an AlphaMax. They shoot amazing. Good luck!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom