Buying optics online

AZ8

Some of the best deals I've found are online. With that said, when it comes to optics Im hesitant to order.

We've all seen those videos online with guys tossing the packages like a football. I cringe thinking high dollar optics being treated that way. So I end up paying more and going to my local store and walking out with my merchandise. Yes, I understand it was shipped to the store, but at least I can control that last mile! lol

My question: For those that have ordered online, have you had any issues with your online optics purchase?

Don't want this to happen:

I've bought most of my optics online from cameraland. To this point I have never had any problems. Their customer service is great. I would think if a problem happened during shipping they would be more than happy to work with you.

I too have bought high end optics and camera lenses from Cameraland, Adorama, BHPhoto, and Amazon. All have arrived safe and sound, no problems whatsoever.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-12 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]Yep same here with Cameraland.

Although I cringe when I Google specific optics needs and deals and see Cameralands demo and closeout prices of only a couple years ago on various forums.

Stuff like Ultravids 10X42's which became "HD"...Camerland was closing them out and selling them for $900. Now you see them "used" and on ebay years later for hundreds more.

It's downright painful to see when one is shopping, but nice to know our optics hold their value.
It's why I just bought a pair of demo Zeiss rangefinder bincs at $1000 off list (from Cameraland).

F.

Thanks for the replies. It appears my worries are much ado about nothing. Glad to hear you've had no issues with damaged products.

Yep...the same here . I dont worry when I buy from cameraland. It always get to you before they say it will and they are very helpfull in picking out the right product for you.

More often than not, when buying high end eyewear (or other expensive products online) the seller will insure the package as well, so in the event something bad does happen, you have a little security there.

I've bought 4 or 5 swarovski or leica optics from camera land ny. Thats were I will buy anything in the future. I was nervous on the first one, and after that worked out great I've kept using them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom