C-1 (anybody)

B

buckbuster64

Anybody hunting C-1or C-2,thinking about going since didn't do very well in C-4.Just need a place where might see a buck.........................thanks

I'm thinking of heading up that way next week. I been there before but don't have any "spots", just a couple ideas. Probably hunt Thurs or Fri thru Sun.

There were a good bunch of big, for the area, bucks killed near Chester this year. I wasn't one of the few who got into them. Not a lot of deer or bucks, but some darn good ones!

Joey

Head up out of the town of Weed. I hunted there a few times on Ball Mountain. Lots of roadhunters, but if your willing to walk a little, you can get away from the crowd. Lots of deer up there, and you should also bring a bear tag.

Hey Joey,sorry it took me so long to get back to you,I personely saw more Deer this year around Chester than i have seen in the past 3 years combined,but no leagle bucks.One of the guys in our party shot 3 times at a high horned fork,he doesn't know how he missed him,but he did.Any-way thinking of going over to Mcloud area.Do you know this area?

Hey Bucketmouth,thanks for the input need all the help i can get anymore.Used to hunt over around Black Fox Mtn. area and areas around Mclould.Other than thoughs places,thats all i know.......thanks.Rick

buckbuster, i hunted over in that area quite a few times. I usually head to Mcloud Res. Check out the shallow cove by the boat launch for rainbow trout. Twice i was able to catch plenty of 12-13"ers with my flyrod for dinner right there. Some reason the fish school up, maybe a big underwater spring, you can see them, and have been not too hard getting to bite.

From there i'd, again going south, wrap up and around the lake and take any # of roads, once on top, that take you into country between Mcloud and lake Shasta. Neat country, a little thicker than i really like but pretty good deer country.

Another place is called Bartel gap. No secret area, gets hunted pretty hard but deer move into the lower country of this general area as the season goes on. Lots of bucks meet their maker in this area.

Iron canyon Res is another place to camp, fish and hunt out of as well as Nelson Creek and Nelson Slides at the head of the canyon. Years ago, a friend and i took many nice bucks outa that area. Good luck, Joey

thanks Joey,i will put your input to good use,prob. going up there next week.I to used to fish that Mcloud river myself caught some good ones 12-13 inches,but saw some 3-5 pounders in their,but never could get them.Used to be a ten fish limit also_O-well thanks anyway i will get back to you if we do any good...........Rick

My dad and I tagged out yesterday pulling off a double. We took a 20"x17" 4x4 and a 18"x17" 4x3. We had to hunt really hard to get these two bucks, haven't seen alot of bucks but a few here and there. If you come up, find the acorns and hunt them, the deer are in the Oaks that have acorns.

Good luck,

Slide

Hey man thanks for the input,can always use the help.Good to hear you bagged a couple of Bucks,i know how hard they are to come-by..we will take your advice..thanks again Rick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom