CA Blackie taken by a young Az man.

kilowatt

Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:51 AM
To: Pat Fitzmorris Field Dir. CDA
Subject: RE: Blacktail

Hey Pat,
My son's name is Jared Tippit he's 12 years old and this was his first blacktail hunt.
We are from Chino Valley, AZ and were invited to hunt a friends ranch that is near the Philo, Booneville area.
Opening morning was very foggy and the fog did not clear until after 10am. By that time most of the deer we were seeing had already bedded down so we hunted for a while longer and then hiked back to the truck for lunch.
My son was hoping for a nice 3x3 but would settle for what they called a Pacific buck(nice forked horn). After lunch, a nap and Jared playing in the creek we planed a hunt for the after noon. After doing a slow spot-n-stalk hunt through an area and not seeing much we decided to head back to the truck. Just before we got to the truck we spotted a small spike buck on a oak covered hill. We watched him for about 10 minutes hoping that there might be another buck with him, not seeing anything else we continued on. Jared stopped to brush some burrs off his pants and I kept walking. I had gone about 40 yards past Jared when he yelled at me if the spike was bedded when I last saw him, no was my answer and why was my question. Jared said that while bent over brushing off his pants he could see a deer bedded down under a dead oak tree. I told him to glass the deer and see if it was a legal forked horn, he yelled back at me "Yeah dad it's got a lot of forks" He made a very impressive shot on this buck in his bed using a 7mm-08 with a 120 grain bullet.
My son and I had a great time in some of the most beautiful country we have ever seen!
SCI 151 & 6/8th #29
Geoff Tippit

1962010_blacktail_hunt_012.jpg

89962010_blacktail_hunt_015.jpg

14812010_blacktail_hunt_018.jpg

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

That's a great buck, hope this doesn't spoil him by thinking all these blackies are that big. Congrats.

super deer....

you should always take pics without a back drop, I believe I know where you were hunting.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom