CA DMV Sucks

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Have 4 registrations to do this morning. So I turned on my laptop and started the process. What a RIP-OFF, they wanted over $200 extra to register online. I thought online was supposed to be cheaper. Whipped out the check book and saved.

030DA28F-9CE7-40B3-94E2-C0F00D5AB455.jpeg

Like with every state there are good and bad. A lot of great hiking, fishing, and hunting in central to northern Ca. Just have to dig places out. And by the way, we have the best weather in my opinion.

California is like a lake. On top ( Northern) it's clean and fresh. But as you go down (Southern) it get mucky and slimy.
Ha! That’s probably the perfect analogy...

I’ll stick with my original assessment... If it weren’t for the culture, that drives policies, along with Criminal level taxes and inflated everything, gun control, rude people, etc. etc..... It would be an amazing place.

Are
Have 4 registrations to do this morning. So I turned on my laptop and started the process. What a RIP-OFF, they wanted over $200 extra to register online. I thought online was supposed to be cheaper. Whipped out the check book and saved.

View attachment 41773
that is not a page from the DMV online services. You were suckered by one of the private services that pops up when you google dmv.....

The dmv charges a 2% fee if you use a card....nothing if you use a bank account.

I remember the slow motion dude in the San Jose DMV office from the late 70's and 80's. I swear he was the sloth in the DMV the movie "Zootopia" was modeled after. He was trying to move slow as possible in the pre computer era with file cabinets. I would rather pay more to do it on-line!

CA DMV charges a 2.1% convenience fee for online transactions that use a credit or debit card. I mail them a check now & use a stamp.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom