CA Zone M9

TehachapiBuck

Howdy Monster Muleys Forum,

After 19 years and watching the Goodale G3 CA late season zone Deer herd and Bucks decline, I finally drew M9 using all 20 points. Not sure if this was a mistake or not but I am getting older, the CA Deer heard and quality of bucks are declining and I figured its time. I have had the fortunate opportunity to hunt and harvest some good bucks in CA, 1 in NV and a few in CO, but never had the opportunity at a true monster. I am not any under allusion that its automatic, in fact the word Hunt defines just that, "hunting" , not "killing" but to be in an area with much higher opportunity, later in the season etc.

Anyway - hoping to hear thoughts, good or bad and any advice etc...

thanks all

Tony

Last edited:
You might have a little more action if you put this in the California section. I will be interested in what people might say as that is the tag I apply for also

Good hunt for sure, not sure if you have been there or not but its pretty flat ground, good for road hunting not as good for glassing. Usually lots of animals just have to be patient and have realistic expectations.

Good hunt for sure, not sure if you have been there or not but its pretty flat ground, good for road hunting not as good for glassing. Usually lots of animals just have to be patient and have realistic expectations.
Thanks for the response, I have not hunted the area in the past as most of my hunting has been central CA and south.

Thanks all for responding. I got some good info and met a really nice fellow hunter who might join me if his schedule permits. Season approaching (not fast enough)

How was M-9? I will probably do that hunt next year. Just wondering if there are still a few big ones around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom