Cabelas Alaknak tent fix-er-up.

elkshooter

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me here and point me in a direction.

I just bought a used Cabelas Alaknak that is a little project. It has some holes in it that need patched and some other repairs required.

Does anyone know of where I could get some canvas scraps or about a square yard. Been poking around the web and didn't find much yet.

I'm sure someone else out there has had to mend a tent roof before. I don't care about color or looks, just want some canvas that I can cover a couple of the holes.

I know there are some commercial tent path kits around but they look like they are for the nylon tents and aren't big enough for the job I need to do.

I could always go totally "bubba" and duct tape it, but I'm afraid that won't hold over time.

Any pointers are welcome.

Thx.

Scott

The Alaknak tent isn't canvas. I would bet that a commercial patch kit would be your best bet. I own an Alaknak and haven't had to patch it yet but I have used silicone on other tents to stick the patch down and then sewn the edges by hand. It really works. Make sure the material you get to patch it with is water proof or it will leak anyway. Good luck.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom