Cabela's Alanak II Tents

HuntElk4Fun_

Anyone own one and could provide a general review of one? I'm looking to get one for the family and hunting trips. Leaning on the 12x12 model. I will look to sleep 6-7 on the floor with mats/bags, 3-4 when hunting with cots.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

I have the 12x12 Alaknak with the collapsable stove. I have had it for 7 years. If you use a stove make sure to get the fire shield for the roof, the material melts very easily when glowing embers hit it(pin holes). That being said I have used the stove in mine every year and have just a few minor pin holes. If you hunt in wet weather make sure to use the seam sealer that comes with the tent. If you hunt and camp in descent weather this tent is a great deal. Sets up in about 15 minutes and seems to be durable for the price. I will be using mine again this year from WA and ID to AZ. Will sleep 4 fine with cots and gear, probabally fine with 7 on the floor during warmer weather.

Like Ironhead, I've had mine for seven years or so. It's been a great investment for me. It's seen some snow in Utah and plenty of New Mexico rain & wind. No problems at all so far. It's very well made and durable IMO.
6 or 7 on the floor should fit ok, 4 large cots fit very well with room for gear.
I bought the vestibule for it a few years ago. It's not as big as it looks in the pages of Cabelas. It's a pain to set up and pack up compared to the tent, but it adds some extra room if you need it.
I also recomend the add on floor, it helps on the wear and tear.

I've got the 12x12 also. I reccommend it, but as said before you need to use the seem sealer in the snow. It is also not as insulated and has more ventilation than a canvas wall tent, so if your planning on using a wood stove, I'd use one size bigger. Sleeping 6-7 would be possible only without much gear/cooking gear in the tent. I've had mine for 4 years and would say its worth the price.

I have the 12X20 and like everyone else, I think it has served it purpose well. I also have the problem with snow.
What kind of seam sealer are you guys using?? We have been using the little rollon like type bottle. Would the spray on be better or ??

Mark

I've had the tent for about 4 years. I haven't had much trouble with snow. The main problem I see is that it gets way too hot if under direct sunlight when temps are above about 60 degrees. Windows and door open don't help much. Other than that it is an awesome tent.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom