Cabelas, all show and no go!!!

deerelkalope

I live 4 miles from Lehi Cabelas so of course I go there to attempt to purchase hunting/shooting items.what a joke! Went there yesterday to buy a Burris c4 scope that is in their current ad.Took a number at the gun counter and waited impatiently for my turn. Finally got called and employee behind the counter was handing the guy next to me one of the c4 scopes,I said "I'll take one of those too." He said " no more on the shelf, I'll have to look in the back." Another employee behind the counter said "that's the only one we got in." WTF??? One??? This is no lie, at least half the times I
have gone there they don't have what I need. Simple stuff like scope rings/bases, recoil pads, spotting scope shoes,pistol mags,muzzy bullets(hornady xtp pistol), and the list goes on. Don't plan on buying something on there ad! Went twice this year to buy advertised guns and they " only had three, or we have four .270's but no .243...on first day of ad. Just needs to rant I guess. What are your experiences?

I have several of those c4 plus scopes for sale in the classifieds. They are new unopened in the box. I will sell you one for the same price as it would be out the door at Cabelas. $160, that is for the 1" tube 3-9 model, the same Cabelas has on sale. I have the 30mm also but they cost more.

They rarely have the common reloading/gun items I'm looking for. I have a much better experience at Sportsmans Warehouse and Scheels. It's usually cheaper too.

Thanks Dead I, just ordered one online. Had a $20 coupon to use. I know there's always the 'order online' option, but I'm old school I guess. I like to walk into a store and handle an item before purchasing.

Better get used to it, store fronts are fading into the history books unfortunately.

You were talking about the other places having better prices....they can't but help have better prices.

What cracks me up is all the people in there grabbing stuff up and acting like it is a bargain.
John 14:6

i run into that to and sometimes I call to ask if they have the product I want before I make my 2 hour drive.. Get there and noooooo. Other times they bend over backwards to help.

Anymore my biggest help is AMAZON PRIME!!!!

These Ads Crack me up!

SUCKS TARDS Right in every Damn time!

They SUCK You Boys in,In Hopes of you Buying a bunch of other Crap!

Kinda like the Ads they Send with your Credit Card Statement!

Some Good Buys but Good luck on any of it being in Stock!

You couldn't Make me Buy a Gun at Cabelas!

Gunnies,Basin Sports or Sportsmans Warehouse or GUNBROKER is where I'll Find/Buy what I want!

That 'Take a Number' sshhitt gets old especially when 90% of the JOKERS are only Looking & Have Intention of Buying anything!

I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've Made!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/us
er_photos3/9001hank2.jpg

+1 on Gunnies, Have been dealing with Rex and Pam sense their beginning in the little store next to Albertsons on Center.

>+1 on Gunnies, Have been dealing
>with Rex and Pam sense
>their beginning in the little
>store next to Albertsons on
>Center.

I use Gunnies every chance I get.
They have a ton of stuff in that little store!
I also like Sportsman's much better than Cabelas. At least Sportsman's salesmen use what they sell and know what they're talking about more often.
Cabelas come in third based on my experience. Sorry Cabelas.
I have pretty close friends who work at all three stores so my opinion isn't based on just one friendship.
Zeke

I stop by the new Lone Tree Cabelas just south of Denver once in a while prior to making an on-line purchase, primarily hunting clothes. Massive store, I just want want to feel the garment and look at the quality before ordering, knowing that they will not have my size in stock. It's futile, unless the brand is Under Armor, they seldom have a sample of the item I'm looking for in stock. I've been a cabelas customer for 20 years and hate returning stuff ordered on-line, but I've been returning more purchases lately then I have kept.

Rumor is- that Bass Pro is in talks with Cabela's for a buyout. Could be interesting.

I do loves me some Bass Pro. We visit the Mother Ship every time we visit the in-laws in Springfield, Missouri.

Cabela's prices are generally 20-50% higher on most items that you can get elsewhere such as Sportsman's Warehouse. Hell, they were even charging $500 for a used Mossberg 500 that retails new for almost half that. $40 over what Sportsman's charges for an 8 pound jug of powder, when the store here actually has powder. Their reloading supplies are extremely limited.

The one in town had a Christmas sale thing going on where the first 250 people were entered in a raffle for various things such as a couple of Savage 17HMR rifles and boot driers. We got there early enough, there were 160 people ahead of us. By the time the doors opened, there were over 400 people in front of us because the employees refused to manage the line. They even refuse to give Hunter's Ed instructors any kind of discount, but want instructors to start giving classes in the store despite not having any classrooms. Cabela's wants us to teach Hunter's Ed in a noisy store in the women's clothing area, where they freed up some floorspace as opposed to the nice classrooms with all the AV equipment and displays at the regional F&G office.

Nice place to look at, especially if you have one of the big stores in your area, but between the prices and the lack of quality on some of their Cabela's-branded gear, I go there to lookyloo and go somewhere else with my dollars.

Maybe one day the masses of sheep will learn. Shop mom and pop and let the big box stores rot. The big box will sell what you want until social engineering causes them to cave. Meanwhile, you'll run all the locals out of business to save a few bucks.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Maybe one day the masses of
>sheep will learn. Shop
>mom and pop and let
>the big box stores rot.
> The big box will
>sell what you want until
>social engineering causes them to
>cave. Meanwhile, you'll run
>all the locals out of
>business to save a few
>bucks.