Cabela's Euro Binoculars

droptine, upon seeing those bino's in Cabela's, I came to the same conclusion as you, and strongly suspected that they were made by Meopta. Haven't held a pair of either, but have done a little internet research and think that the Meopta optics seem/sound like a quality product. Reasonably priced as well.
Scott/couesbitten

I was at Cabela's last night looking at binos, and the sales rep told me they are made by Meopta. Meopta is headquartered in the Czech Republic. I thought the optics were excellent, although the ergonomics left a little to be desired. I was comparing them to the Leica Trinovid BN 10x42 and the
new Swarovski SLC 10x42. Optically all three were equal. It was virtually impossible to tell them apart. I think the Swarovski's felt the best in my hands. The Cabela's are awfully tempting though at $799.00. Does anyone know what Cabela's warranty is, or how long Meopta has been around?

Lifetime warranty from Cabelas. I have a pair of the Alaskan Guides and love them. Might take a look at them as well. You probably won't be able to tell any difference and the price is around $500. They are better than my dad's Swarovskis in my opinion. Highly recommend...

I looked through a pair the other day. It was a little after 5 p.m. and in the low light conditions I was really impressed. I have a pair of wind river 10x50's and the Euros were brighter than my glasses. They were also lighter weight and had a larger field of view. I thought that they were really nice. They cost twice as much as my wind rivers though, and they weren't twice as good.
Dax

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom