Cabelas Ultralight Extreme Hunter 4000?

lchcguide

Just curious as to what anybody thinks of this pack. It has good reviews in the magazines that have tested the pack and Cabelas only has a few reviews but they seem to be good reviews. I am in need of a pack and do not want to spend 300-400 dollars on a pack.

If you mean their internal frame pack I have one, actually I had both the 4000 & 5000cu pack. I ended up keeping the 5000cu pack and really like it. For a couple nights the 4000 would be big enough, but I felt that for me when I'm out for 5-6 days, to pack all my stuff and then a deer there isn't enough room in the 4000. I keep stuff pretty minimal but still couldn't figure out how to get everything out in the smaller one. As far as the pack itself, its got well placed pockets, has been bullet proof and is OK as far as comfort, the suspension isn't the best, but its a well thought out pack. For the money you would be pleased with it. Another way to go is check out some regular backpack packs, no they are not in the latest must have camo, but they tend to be cheaper and much more comfortable, especially if loaded with 60lbs-100lbs of gear/game. Just a thought.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom